Is THIS fair?

• armssteady
      armssteady
      Bronze
      Hello everyone!

I just wanted to get your opinion on something. I'm sure a lot of you have played from your friends house. You know what i mean - full couch with dudes playing on laptops. So me and a couple of my friends have been playing a lot of freerolls at my place. This weekend (friday and saturday) me and my best friend
      win 2 bucks each(please, no comments on what we play :D ) and are pretty happy to win because there is much lottery in these freerolls :) today i boot up and want to play the pokerstrategy 5k freeroll and my account is blocked. SHI!!^$! Already sent a message to full tilt support. I just dont think there is any cheating in that!?( we have never been at one table in any of these games) What do you think? Is there any chance of getting mine and my friends account unblocked?

Ask if something is unclear! :)
  • 12 replies
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      were you playing at the same table. Did you make anyplay that could have appeared suspicious.

If you play from the same IP I would strongly recommend that you do not enter the same tourny. Although multitable is normally ok, if you made some play where it could seem that you were colluding, it gonna be hard to get your account unblocked.

If you did not play at the same table or ABSOLUTELY did not collude, then explain the situation to fulltilt support and it should be fine

have a look at the following links before you email them:

http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/fraud_collusion_policy.php

http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/terms-and-conditions

http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/site-terms
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi armssteady,

As always thazar is spot on. If you are going to share an IP address with friends, relatives etc, it always pays to contact the poker room's support team to let them know before hand. It is also recommended that you don't enter the same single table or cash games. With mtt tournaments, there is less chance of possible collusion due to the smaller chance of you meeting on the same table, but most poker rooms will allow this as long as you notify them of the circumstances first.
      For example I have a friend & his fiancee play the same PokerStars tournaments (1 on the pc & 1 from a laptop), but they had cleared it with the support team when setting up their accounts.

I would strongly recommend contacting the full tilt team now as suggested by thazar. Explain the situation in a calm detailed manner and after a short investigation they will probably clear your account.
      Please do bear with them however as they will need to look into every case of possible collusion and it may take a few days.

Good luck & best regards,

Bart

p.s. thazar, you have a PM in the community area ;)
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      happened to my friend was playing in a internet shop and got his account banned but they reveiwed the play and it was cool
    • armssteady
      armssteady
      Bronze
      As i said, i have already contacted FT support! I was thinking the same thing as you, just didn't know how big a chance do i have at changing their mind, cuz they ussualy reply in the way "thank you for your letter, but don't waste our time" :)
      I was really upset, cuz we didn't cheat or have an edge on the other players. We have never played any game that had a cash buy-in.
      Well thank you guys. At least i know i have a shot at justice :D
    • jass1960
      jass1960
      Bronze
      Originally posted by armssteady

A shot at justice?

Over $2 - get real :D
    • armssteady
      armssteady
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jass1960

A shot at justice?

Over $2 - get real :D

It's not about the 2 $! these freerolls are just for fun and playing with friends while chilling at some friends house! i dont play any games involving cash while friends are around. it only distracts attention :)
    • Joronamo
      Joronamo
      Bronze
      Off topic, but you and your friends need to get out more :D .
    • armssteady
      armssteady
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Joronamo
      Off topic, but you and your friends need to get out more :D .

Autumn - shitty weather all the time here in Latvia! :) plus, we live in a pretty small town, so not much action out there :D

[edit]P.S. Sent FT support a email explaining everything about 3-4 days ago, have not yet recieved a answer. Does it ussualy take this long?
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      fulltilt support can take long sometimes, keep pestering them but stay cool and polite.
    • Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by thazar
      fulltilt support can take long sometimes, keep pestering them but stay cool and polite.
      This is spot on. Their support is terrible.

An option for some other time (if they reopen your account), you could write them an email before you guys enter the same tourny or play from the same house and explain the situation. But then again, its FTP, so you should send that mail ~1 month early.

I did that with Stars recently and they just explained what kind of tournies we would be allowed to enter and which we weren't. All good and no problems.
    • armssteady
      armssteady
      Bronze
      well thank you guys! you have cleared up quite a bit :)
      yet, i am still waiting for the answer from full tilt. It's already been 5 days since i sent the first letter! prolly need to send another one, right?
    • Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      well thank you guys! you have cleared up quite a bit :)
      yet, i am still waiting for the answer from full tilt. It's already been 5 days since i sent the first letter! prolly need to send another one, right?
      You mean email, right?

In any case, yes send them another one.