[NL20-NL50] Top set on fd board IP vs fish

• DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Full Tilt Pot-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

SB ($34.74)
      BB ($24.67)
      UTG ($29.33)
      MP ($20.96)
      Hero (CO) ($25)
      Button ($25)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A, A
      1 fold, MP calls $0.25, Hero bets $1.10, 3 folds, MP calls $0.85

Flop: ($2.55) A, 7, 2 (2 players)
      MP bets $2.55, Hero raises to $6, 1 fold

Total pot: $7.65 | Rake: $0.38

Villain is 37/11/6.0 over 40 hands

I assumed that he is mostly playing this way his flush draws, combo draws,and strong hands.
      Am I better just calling on the flop and act after I see the turn?
      I thought that if he wants to play his draws aggresively he will want to go AI with them on the flop rather than on the turn, but it seems that he is also bluffing a lot in this spot so I lose probably another big barell from him :s_confused:
  • 2 replies
    • ArtisSkirpa
      ArtisSkirpa
      Bronze
      I would just call his donkbet and call any turn , you have top set so there are a lot less top pair combos he can have you are stacking all his big hands like the other two sets and the little two pair combos he can have, and flush draws are only a part of his range. So i think a lot of his range is going to be just pure bluffs and as he is already potting the flop I dont think there is any reason to raise and blow him off his hand, so just keep calling if he bets and jam over a river bet.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ArtisSkirpa
      I would just call his donkbet and call any turn , you have top set so there are a lot less top pair combos he can have you are stacking all his big hands like the other two sets and the little two pair combos he can have, and flush draws are only a part of his range. So i think a lot of his range is going to be just pure bluffs and as he is already potting the flop I dont think there is any reason to raise and blow him off his hand, so just keep calling if he bets and jam over a river bet.
      +1
      Players very often take that line with draws especially when they c/c, so I also like just flatting flop and letting him bluff turn and river. When he pots the turn you maybe can also shove, since then he is very often pot committed and won´t fold whatever he holds there.