[NL2-NL10] Nl2 CO KK

• Jeffers16
      Known players:

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with K:spade: , K:diamond:
      MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.02, MP3 calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.14, 3 folds, MP2 calls $0.12, MP3 calls $0.12.

Flop: ($0.45) A:spade: , 8:club: , 4:diamond: (3 players)
      MP2 checks, MP3 checks, Hero bets $0.3, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0.30.

Turn: ($1.05) A:diamond: (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero raises $1.56 (All-In), MP3 folds.

Final Pot: $2.61

Whats the correct play here? I bet reasonably small on the flop as this is what I would most likely do with an Ace on this kind of flop. It also gives me a chance to fold in case I get reraised by by either of them on the flop.

On the turn do I just have to shove? I wanted to second barrel as I felt a lot of pocket pairs or pair of 8s or 4s would call but it wouldn't really work as I didn't have much more than the pot in my stack.

Thanks for the feedback
  • 3 replies
    • funktor
      Hi Jeffers16!

Preflop raise is OK, flop C-bet as well.

I do not like turn bet. You will fold all worse hands than yours but Ax hands will call your bet. I would prefer check behind here for pot control and call river bet as it is less likely that he has A.

At this point your hand is not strong enough to get 3 street value.

With MP3 AF 1.2 (but still only 35 hands), it may be correct fold to river bet here as well - especially when it is big.

• zilltine
      I see 2 outcomes at Turn.
      1)Villain crushes you with ace.
      2)Villain folds without ace.
      But, its not advisable to listen what i say :D
    • veriz
      Hello Jeffers16,

Turn: What hands do you want to Call here your shove? Even any PP will fold here vs your shove, just take pot control line and Check back and hope them to bet out on river for smallish or bet yourself for small value, push doesn't make sense.

Best regards.