This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL200SH AQs vs minraise

• undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here) 
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $433.65
      BB:
      $375.80
      MP2:
      $200
      MP3:
      $378.25
      BU:
      $204.20

1/2 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.8 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q:diamond: , A:diamond:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $7.00, BU folds, SB raises to $12.00, BB folds, Hero calls $5.00.

Flop: ($26.00) 7:spade: , 3:club: , A:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $30, Hero calls $30.00.

Turn: ($86.00) 9:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $50, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $136.00

Opponent is a totally unreasonable fish although he doesnt raise much preflop and his minraise should indicate a strong hand. However i dont see much sense on his overbet on the flop. I think if i had AK or if turn wasnt a spade i would have pushed all in but i decided to fold here. The hand doesnt make much sense to me though. He could have KK/QQ but then why would he lead again on the turn ? His AF was rather low as well.
  • 3 replies
    • Sebra
      Sebra
      Bronze
      The only reasonable hand I would put him on that beats you is AK. Minraising pre and then leading out strong to protect against draws is such a common line for a fish.

When the draw arrives on the turn, he makes this scared bet. I think I would call here again one time, but I'm a station and I know that I will make 2pair on the river ^^
    • mashmash
      mashmash
      Bronze
      I would call once more on the turn, to see what he does on the river. The overbet on the flop could mean a number of things considering he isnt aggressive. Maybe he is overplaying QQ or KK, your read on him says he is a fish, but the likely hand you fear is AK and he could have it. Worse than that he has 2 pair or a set which is also likely, so folding the turn isnt so bad. There is a flush on the board so you could consider bluffing this one down.
    • Peter87
      Peter87
      Bronze
      pls post your own stacksize.

I would call the turn and fold to a river push.