[NL2-NL10] NL200SH AQs vs minraise

• undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here) 
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $433.65
      BB:
      $375.80
      MP2:
      $200
      MP3:
      $378.25
      BU:
      $204.20

1/2 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.8 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q:diamond: , A:diamond:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $7.00, BU folds, SB raises to $12.00, BB folds, Hero calls $5.00.

Flop: ($26.00) 7:spade: , 3:club: , A:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $30, Hero calls $30.00.

Turn: ($86.00) 9:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $50, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $136.00

Opponent is a totally unreasonable fish although he doesnt raise much preflop and his minraise should indicate a strong hand. However i dont see much sense on his overbet on the flop. I think if i had AK or if turn wasnt a spade i would have pushed all in but i decided to fold here. The hand doesnt make much sense to me though. He could have KK/QQ but then why would he lead again on the turn ? His AF was rather low as well.
  • 3 replies
    • Sebra
      Sebra
      Bronze
      The only reasonable hand I would put him on that beats you is AK. Minraising pre and then leading out strong to protect against draws is such a common line for a fish.

When the draw arrives on the turn, he makes this scared bet. I think I would call here again one time, but I'm a station and I know that I will make 2pair on the river ^^
    • mashmash
      mashmash
      Bronze
      I would call once more on the turn, to see what he does on the river. The overbet on the flop could mean a number of things considering he isnt aggressive. Maybe he is overplaying QQ or KK, your read on him says he is a fish, but the likely hand you fear is AK and he could have it. Worse than that he has 2 pair or a set which is also likely, so folding the turn isnt so bad. There is a flush on the board so you could consider bluffing this one down.
    • Peter87
      Peter87
      Bronze
      pls post your own stacksize.

I would call the turn and fold to a river push.