[NL2-NL10] NL2 MP1 KJo

• Jeffers16
      Known players:

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K:heart: , J:diamond:
      UTG1 calls $0.02, UTG2 folds, Hero raises to $0.10, 6 folds, UTG1 calls $0.08.

Flop: ($0.23) K:club: , 9:spade: , 7:diamond: (2 players)
      UTG1 bets $0.2, Hero calls $0.20.

Turn: ($0.63) T:spade: (2 players)
      UTG1 bets $0.3, Hero raises to $0.90, UTG1 calls $0.60.

River: ($2.43) J:heart: (2 players)
      UTG1 raises $2.05 (All-In), Hero folds.

Final Pot: $4.48

Is everything OK up untill the river? And on the river can I call this or has he hit a straight?

• 2 replies
    • funktor
      Please re-review SHC
      MP1 Open raise 77+, AQo, AJs, 98s+

KJo is at this point easy to dominate and does not hit strong draw that often.
      Even with limper, still stay with the chart and do not open more widely than you would at the position.

On flop we have top pair medium kicker.

When UTG donks we have to think what might be the range of the UTG.
      Limping with AA/KK, AKs. Some suited connectors/1-gappers or may be any2 ;) .

KJ is not that strong hand we would like to play for stack here. I would suggest fold to turn bet as we would be guessing if we are ok and we are against AA, KKK, AK and now possible 2 pairs/str8 here.
      As well by calling turn bet we would commit 25% of the stack here and we are close to be commited.

Turn raise as well chase out all hands that we beat and all others will stay.

• veriz

Preflop: I wouldn't play such hand here since it's pretty hard to play profiable the non-suited gapper from such position, we often will play OOP with such hand and what could bring us into difficult spots. Depending what software you use you may be able to overview the hands if you have a lot of hand sample size how you playing those offsuit gappers from that position and if you can play them profitable, sure if you do play them profitable then it's possible to open from there but I wouldn't recommend. Try to learn at 1st the basics and then you can widen up your range.

As played
      Flop: As long he has such a big AF then I would often also prefer to take pot control since with our hand.
      Turn: The raising doesn't make sense since we don't want to go broke with our hand, against such an aggressor I'd prefer just to Call and reevalute river.

As played when turn raised
      River: We just have to give it up here since we have shown so much strength and he still keeps barreling, we are often behind here.

Best regards.