[NL2-NL10] NL2 FH vs 2 players

• L3ST
      Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (6 handed) - Party-Poker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG ($2.86)
      MP ($4.29)
      CO ($2.08)
      Button ($4.99)
      Hero (SB) ($5.71)
      BB ($0.99)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6, 6
      2 folds, CO bets $0.08, Button calls $0.08, Hero calls $0.07, 1 fold

Flop: ($0.26) 4, 6, 4 (3 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks, Button checks

Turn: ($0.26) J (3 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.13, Button raises $0.65, Hero raises $1.17, 1 fold, Button calls $0.52

River: ($2.73) J (2 players)
      Hero checks, Button bets $3.74 (All-In), Hero folds

Total pot: $2.73

CO was a 55/22/3.4 over 66 hands
      BTN was 47/7/1.9 over 592 hands

CO was aggro fish, any check with a hand was +EV.

I was playing BTN on other tables and he bet pot and overbet quite often, but shut down when played back at him and had no hand. On the other side, he kept doing that with the nuts or second nuts and lost a couple of big hands with him ( won some too, about 54 wins and 57 losses, 1 stack down ).

Looking back, it was misplayed, but I was waiting for some action from these aggro guys, but the jack shut me down.
      Am I ever good with 6's there?
  • 2 replies
    • funktor

I believe that at this point you have to call the bet on river.

CO seems to be most likely betting J (JT, QJ, KJ, AJ) on turn. But when raise and re-raise show up it is clear that 4 (trip or better) is in play and single J (TP) is folding here.

I would also consider flatting raise on turn and shoving river to BU bet or overbetting turn (other then J) to BU and calling shove.

In case you flat and other 2 players stayed in the hand I would play check-fold on river.

• veriz
      Hello L3ST,

Flop: One option would be even thinking of Betting our yourself here since you have to start to build up the pot somewhere but if you plan to Check/Raise here then not many hands will Call your raise but it's thinkable against such loose opponents.

As played
      Turn: I would likely raise it a bit bigger here, ~$1.80 at least. Just calling doesn't make sense since we wont get his whole stack on river if we just Call, the pot wont big enough for us to shove.

As played, small raise on turn
      River: What was your plan here? To just Check/Raise or Check/Call or as you did Check/Fold? Since we don't want a 4x to Check behind I would often consider even betting out myself, ~$1.50 and if he decides to shove then make the crying Call and hope him to have only 4. As played Check/Fold is reasonable since his AF ain't that big but what's again his WTS and W$SD? Depending on that for example if the opponent goes to showdown a lot and has like W$SD <40 then you can even consider Calling there. Some might even jam in with 4x there but often I expect to see a Jx and it ain't wrong to fold to such overshove.

Best regards.