[NL2-NL10] NL200SH overpair on 4 way pot

• undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here) 
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $198
      MP3:
      $226.11
      BB:
      $511.40
      BU:
      $200
      MP2:
      $95

1/2 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.8 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9:spade: , 9:club:
      MP2 raises to $8.00, MP3 folds, Hero calls $8.00, BU folds, SB calls $7.00, BB calls $6.00.

Flop: ($32.00) 8:club: , 7:spade: , 5:diamond: (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, MP2 checks, Hero bets $24, SB raises to $66.00, 3 folds.

Final Pot: $122.00

Opponent is tight and has 4.5 AF. I am not sure if he is making a move on me because he thought i try to steal the pot with my position but i guess this board might have easily made him a set.
  • 5 replies
    • Sebra
      Sebra
      Bronze
      Reraise preflop against him, this doesn't put you in these spots postflop, playing a medium pair in a multiway pot isn't fun, even with position.

But as played, nh!
    • Peter87
      Peter87
      Bronze
      nh.
      preflop reraise is good, but call is also fine.
    • Floating
      Floating
      Bronze
      sebra,

reraising pf with 99??

my play really needs some adjustment...

as the Open Raising Chart for SH does not specify reraises, i used the SHC FR so far as a guideline for such situations.

yet reraising 99 pf seems way off to what is listed there,
      plus i have serious doubts on how i would play such a hand on the flop if villain still calls as in most cases where i dont get a set i would feel pretty dominated with higher cards on the board

guess i better watch an instructional video tonight,

+ any tips where i can find info on reraising, 3 betting in NL SH and so, more than welcome
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      I don`t play BSS, I read a lot though and from my theoretical point of view call here is even weaker play than it may seem. because if one of the blinds will call, you will have worst realtive position to the pre-flop raiser, since blind will normally check to the pre-flop raiser, giving away no information about the strenght of his hand and the last one, almost without no exeption, will bet through you.
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi xylere!

Good point. The relative position plays a role as well. I would reraise here, too. MP2 has pretty loose preflop stats so that your nines can easily be the best hand here. In addition you avoid giving other drawing hands the odds to call. But as played: nice hand!

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81