[DONE] Elephant & Poker Stars (Nickname Detection)

• 14 replies
    • Larres
      Larres
      Bronze
      Hello there,

thanks for letting us know and it would be nice to continue this list.

We'll looking into it - it seems that we've an issue with local special characters, like ñ .

Cheers,
      L
    • stanisluv
      stanisluv
      Hi Larres,
      I detect next characters in nicknames on PokerStars: #$:~`&_=<>[] \ Ö ä & ect .

I just never saw nicks on Asian langs, Middle East langs(Turkish, Hebrew & ect) & Slavonic languages

So you simply can add all characters from all European languages(include east europe countries).

Just one important detail: there is no problems with importing hands. Only HUD & statistics.
    • Larres
      Larres
      Bronze
      Hi ljovej and stanisluv,

in order to fix and get rid of this problem we need the original hand histories containing the real undetectable nicknames. Can you both please send the original files via email to us at 'elephant[AT]pokerstrategy.com'.

Thanks in advance,
      L
    • stanisluv
      stanisluv
      Larres,

It`s not so easy because I have more than 200к hands in my DB & I simply don`t remember the real undetectable nicknames.
      I can send all HH or I can send nicknames list from my DB only. What's your choice?

Best regards
      Stanislav.
    • ljovej
      ljovej
      Bronze
      I will send some hands today when I found those players.
    • stanisluv
      stanisluv
      Hi again,
      I detect that Elephant may change the real undetectable nicknames. :(
      For example: "BKÖJ" in real="BKГ-J" in the DB. Yes you see Russian letter "Г" in the nick. :(
    • Larres
      Larres
      Bronze
      Hi stanisluv,

can you arrange an original hand history incl. the "BKГ-J" for us?

thx,
      L
    • stanisluv
      stanisluv
      Larres,

I sent a mail with HH to you. :)
      About impoting problem-this was problem of old import engine. New engine import HH with undetectable nicknames correctly: "BKÖJ" in real="BKÖJ" in the DB, but users should import original HH only. They shouldn`t use such scenario:

1. Export all hands
      2. Create new DB
      3. Import all hands
    • Larres
      Larres
      Bronze
      Got them thanks. We'll have a look.

Cheers,
      L
    • Larres
      Larres
      Bronze
      Hello there,

we just managed to hava a look into the first couple of hands send by stanisluv and all files are coded in ANSI. Thats why the information about the special characters are broken and the player's using spacial chars won't be identified in the database correctly.

Can you please confirm that all hands send are indeed the original, untouched PokerStars hands? Normally PokerStars will save their hand histories coded in UTF-8, not ANSI.

Thx,
      L
    • stanisluv
      stanisluv
      Hi Larres,

As you can see all this hands shared from PokerStars server. I send few files which were saved locally.

Best regards
      Stanislav
    • Larres
      Larres
      Bronze
      Hi there,

just a short update to to let you know we're still investigating that...

Cheers,
      L
    • stanisluv
      stanisluv
      Don`t forget that hands from old version(less than 0.92) saved in DB with mistakes.
      So the best decision is request full Hand History from PokerStars support & import it in new DB. ;)
    • Larres
      Larres
      Bronze
      Hi there,

I'm going to close this pretty old thread now.
      This issue was never reproducible on our side using the original UTF-8 coded hand histories.

Nevertheless we've enhanced the Elephant with a new "update-import", storing faulty imported files for later reference.
      So if there are any new issues in the future just open a new thread and include the original UTF-8 coded hand histories for us.

Thanks,
      L