How do you like 888poker?

• Poll
    • Do you like 888poker?

The software is good and 888poker seems competent - I might switch to this platform
        54%
        888poker can't compete with other poker rooms - I'm not thinking about switching to this platform!
        23%
        888poker looks great - I'm definitely going to switch to this platform
        23%
      Total: 92 Votes
    • Niickyy
      Niickyy
      Bronze
      Dear PokerStrategists,

in our 888poker review, our video producer hasenbraten explained everything you need to know about our partner room. From basic facts to software details, the review gave you an interesting insight into 888poker.

Now we want to know how you like 888poker. Let us know what you think by voting in our poll or leaving a comment in the thread.
  • 29 replies
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      ye its ok site
    • Eroplano
      Eroplano
      Bronze
      i open an account at 888 poker today but when i tried to register to the freerolls exclusively for pokerstrategies .... it says that im not eligible.

and when i contacted their support, this is their reply:

Jaydon F.: I have looked at your account and unfortunately I see that your account is not affiliated with pokerstrategy

SO I THINK I DONT HAVE ANY OPTION THAN TO CLOSE MY ACCOUNT AT THEM.
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      @Eroplano - With 888poker it is vital that you download the software via the PokerStrategy link (as explained in the 888poker guide) to ensure that your account is linked.
      If it isn't linked, you could politely explain to 888's support team that you joined them from PokerStrategy but missed the correct link. I'm afraid it is up to them to decide whether to track you though (if it's indeed possible at all), sorry.

Back on topic, I've been playing on 888poker a lot more recently (I have an old untracked account) and really like it. The old software was a little clumsy and frustrating to play on, but 888 have made (imo) significant improvements and it's actually now a great place to play.
      Always good when a poker room listen to and get players involved in their software updates and hats off to 888poker for a job well done ;)

Bart
    • Eroplano
      Eroplano
      Bronze
      @EagleStar88
      Thanks for the advice but unfortunately i already contacted 888poker support and they said they cant do anything about it... they adviced me only thing i can do is to reregister. Do you think its possible to have another account from them after closing the first one?

Or any advice/solution from our Pokerstrategy staff about my problem?

Any help will be much appreciated because i really really want to play on the freerolls on the 30th Nov and 7th of December.

Thank you.
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      If THEY advised you to re-register I guess it is OK but normally most poker sites do not allow multiple accounts. so make sure you have a transcript of the conversation with them advising you to reregister. otherwise contact them again to confirm and get written confirmation
    • Helipacter
      Helipacter
      Bronze
      The poll's pretty pointless, eh? I mean it's a good place to play poker, but nobody "switches" loyalty between rooms do they?
    • grosomono
      grosomono
      Bronze
      i play here and i like it
    • Zolt4n
      Zolt4n
      Bronze
      Originally posted by grosomono
      i play here and i like it
      +1 :D
    • DanielK6670
      DanielK6670
      Bronze
      I always play at 888. I usualy play Sit n Gos and Multi Table Tournaments. On the miti tournys it has to many donks at the start but once you get past that stage it good to play at.

If I am playing a cash game I usualy play at the cam tables, I think its cool.
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Thanks for the feedback DanielK6670, good to see you.

Yes I totally agree with you on the early stages of the mtt's. Tight is right as they say, solid play gets rewarded as usually still payed off :f_love:

Best regards,

Bart
    • gekitsios
      gekitsios
      Global
      Is there good amount of players every day in 9 man turbo full ring sit n gos?How many tables can you open with only 1-2 blind level difference?
    • Chenghao
      Chenghao
      Bronze
      I don't like the interface , it isn't as smooth as PS , but i still play there as the field is much softer :D
    • kbwinsagain
      kbwinsagain
      Bronze
      When I first switched from ftp, it took some time getting used to a different interface. Now, I am right at home and have progressed through the buy-ins quite quickly playing HUSNGs. I am happy to be at higher stakes (not high, just higher: $10/20/30) as the micros have a very unfriendly rake rate (10%).

One puzzle I'd be interested in having explained is, why do turbos cost more (rake) than regular speed? eg. reg: $20+1, turbo: $20+1.50. Seems counter-intuitive. The super-turbos then go back down to less than that of reg speed: $25+1.

For those that don't know, there is no rakeback. There is, however, a point system that can be converted to cash but the reward is miniscule. Over the past month, I have built my bankroll from $15 to just shy of $300 and could convert the resultant points to a whopping $1.71. This is clearly not the reason to play here but perhaps my results may give you enough cause to consider it a profitable move.

Oh, and the lack of traffic can be a pain, btw.
    • rudders93
      rudders93
      Bronze
      Must say I'm liking the weak players on the lower limits, I just have two questions with 888:

1) Is there a "Wait for BB" button like on Party/Pokerstars? Also is there a sit out next BB, there seems to be a sit out next blind checkbox - but that is affected by both small and big blinds
      2) Is there a way to access hand histories without using some tracking software? I can only find the hand replayer.

Thanks!
    • evertonroar
      evertonroar
      Bronze
      the software is great, lots of weak players at low limts.

But the customer service is shocking
    • michellecip
      michellecip
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DanielK6670
      I always play at 888. I usualy play Sit n Gos and Multi Table Tournaments. On the mtt tournys it has to many donks at the start but once you get past that stage it good to play at.
      +1
      Good point !
    • darkod80
      darkod80
      Global
      +2
    • malosanmaka
      malosanmaka
      Bronze
      Originally posted by rudders93
      Must say I'm liking the weak players on the lower limits, I just have two questions with 888:

1) Is there a "Wait for BB" button like on Party/Pokerstars? Also is there a sit out next BB, there seems to be a sit out next blind checkbox - but that is affected by both small and big blinds
      2) Is there a way to access hand histories without using some tracking software? I can only find the hand replayer.

Thanks!
      1) You get asked to post blinds when you join the table and you can choose to wait for big blind. There isn't a button on the side like on stars.

2) Yes. You need to turn on the option of saving hand histories.
      Setting > Game settings > Keep my hand histories in: (choose folder)
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Originally posted by malosanmaka
      Originally posted by rudders93

Thanks!
      1) You get asked to post blinds when you join the table and you can choose to wait for big blind. There isn't a button on the side like on stars.

2) Yes. You need to turn on the option of saving hand histories.
      Setting > Game settings > Keep my hand histories in: (choose folder)
      There is a tickbox called "post blinds". If you want to "wait" for the BB, just untick that and you will be asked to post it when the BB gets to you.

If you are playing and want to "sit out next BB", just untick the "post blinds". What will happen is the software will prompt you to post blinds next time you're BB, and you can just say no :f_pleased:

xoo good players, 888 sucks!