[NL2-NL10] QQ vs 3bet

• vmarqui
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      UTG1 (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is UTG1 with Q, Q.
      Hero raises to $0.40, 2 folds, MP2 raises to $1.20, 5 folds, Hero calls $0.80.

Flop: ($2.55) 8, 5, 4 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $1.50, Hero raises to $8.80, MP2 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $4.05.

Villain was a 20 18, 11% 3bet. no point in pushing really, but it's almost the same as raising as i would be pot committed anyway.
  • 2 replies
    • fryandspicy
      Against his 11% 3bet a call is quite cunning because you give him a chance to bluff more money off on the flop. I'd probably still 4bet to $3 in that spot though because overcards are a nightmare when you hold queens OOP.

The flop isn't as wet as it first looks because there are no open ended straight draws that haven't got there, but a reraise is probably still okay because he could easily call with a weaker overpair. I'd make it $4.00 because you're at least giving him a chance to make a mistake with a flush draw or weak pair there, whereas with the push it's very hard for him to do something so stupid.
    • veriz
      Hello vmarqui,

Preflop: I'd still raise back since we also want to stop to 3bet against us in future if we even raise with weaker hands and maybe he even does shove with worse here.

As played
      Flop: Against such opponents it's an easy Check/Raise on such board, he will CBet that board way to often with very wide range and mostly as a bluff so you will often get folded also.

Best regards.