Stack
      UTG1:
      $3.66
      CO:
      $2.05
      Hero:
      $2

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with J:diamond: , J:club:
      UTG1 raises to $0.08, 4 folds, CO calls $0.08, Hero calls $0.08, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0.27) 6:club: , 3:heart: , 3:spade: (3 players)
      UTG1 checks, CO bets $0.13, Hero calls $0.13, UTG1 folds.

Turn: ($0.53) 7:spade: (2 players)
      CO bets $0.25, Hero raises to $0.70, CO calls $0.45.

River: ($1.93) 6:spade: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero raises $1.09 (All-In), CO calls $1.09.

Final Pot: $4.11

Results follow (highlight to see):
      CO shows (9d 9c)
      Hero shows two-pair, jacks and sixes (Jd Jc)

Hero wins with two-pair, jacks and sixes (Jd Jc)

I think I played this hand well, just wanted to make sure :D

On the flop I felt that I could call, I thought it was quite likely that UTG1 had AQ+, I thought he would have bet QQ, KK, AA on the flop.

On the turn I raised as I felt I could get value from a lot of worse pocket pairs or draws.

On the river I was very confident he most likely had a lower pocket pair and it was unlikely he hit the flush.

Anything I could have played better?

Thanks
  • 6 replies
    • fryandspicy
      fryandspicy
      Bronze
      Preflop and flop is fine, the turn you can just call because your opponent is so tight AA, KK and QQ make up a significant part of his range. On the river you shouldn't bet because he isn't going to call you with a worse hand.

Edit: *very often :f_biggrin:
    • Jeffers16
      Jeffers16
      Bronze
      Would CO call with AA, KK, QQ preflop?

I would have bet/folded the turn, I think any 3 or straight would reraise me so when he called and checked to me on the river I think I often have the best hand.

And the river I don't think CO will be very worried I have a flush, maybe slightly more scared of the straight but again it's not very likely I had that either. So I think most pairs would call.

Just to add a bit more about what I was thinking.

Thanks for the response.
    • fryandspicy
      fryandspicy
      Bronze
      Oh right, sorry i misread and looked at the original raiser's stats. Disregard everything i said :f_grin:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Jeffers16,

Flop: I like your play here since there ain't many hands what would Call your raise.
      Turn: But here you can likely just raise it up and try to play for stacks.
      River: Shoving also for value very often, there are still a lot worse PPs or pairs, also it's NL2 and people tend to Call there with a lot worse.

Best regards.
    • fryandspicy
      fryandspicy
      Bronze
      I'd still check behind on the river against the cutoff because his low showdown means he'll fold marginal hands like lower pocket pairs, and his low aggression frequency means he might check with a strong hand like straight or full house.

I think i'd also still just call the turn because he isn't calling with many worse hands against a line that looks so strong (it's called the beluga theorem it think - if you call flop raise turn you almost always have a very strong hand at micro stakes)

However i clearly over exaggerated the stats given and gave him more credit than he deserves. Nice hand well played.
    • Jeffers16
      Jeffers16
      Bronze
      Thank you sir.

And thanks for the input on the hand anyway, I've reread and thought about this hand so many times now just cause you posted on it, wish I had the motivation to do this with every hand I post!

If you have any other input on any of my other hands in the future, feel free to post! :D