[NL20-NL50] 77 IP without initiative

• DeMarcohsp
      Full Tilt Pot-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (CO) ($26.10)
      Button ($32.57)
      SB ($29.89)
      BB ($24.60)
      UTG ($25)
      MP ($13.85)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 7, 7
      UTG bets $0.85, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.85, 1 fold, SB calls $0.75, 1 fold

Flop: ($2.80) 8, K, K (3 players)
      SB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets $2, 1 fold, UTG calls $2

Turn: ($6.80) 4 (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $4.25, UTG raises to $8.50, Hero folds

Total pot: $15.30 | Rake: $0.76
      Main pot: $15.30 returned to UTG

Villain is 21/9/1.1 over 150 hands

Once he checks that board I have to assume that he is in check calling mode or that he is trapping with a K?
      While playing the hand I thought that the plausible hands for these play would be weak flush draws and total air which he is to scared to barell because of his AF, fishy me :f_cry:

Maybe cb flop, call/bet turn and reevaluate on the river is a better line :s_confused:
  • 2 replies
    • Wriggers
      I think your proposed line of check flop, call turn would be a better line, but that's all in hindsight as I probably would have played on the flop the same as you, but maybe checked back the turn.

What was his Agg factor and flop Cbet stats? If they were high I would be very wary on this flop as he could very well be trapping. Although with his 9%PFR I would only put him on AK or 88 that has hit this flop, maybe KQ as well.
    • veriz
      Hello DeMarcohsp,

Flop: Nah, Check back ain't the best play, I'd likely just bet out here and hope everyone to fold, very good board for do that and maybe even have the best hand here.
      Turn: Since we are in multiway pot and the opponent is less likely going to Call with hands like smaller PPs here I'd prefer to just Check behind. As played, I'd also play Bet/Fold, with such AF I don't really expect him to bluff here, he has us beat.

Best regards.