[NL2-NL10] nl2 T9o value bet river?

• xero100
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BU (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BU with 9, T.
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.06, SB folds, BB calls $0.04.

Flop: ($0.13) 3, 2, T (2 players)
      BB bets $0.13, Hero calls $0.13.

Turn: ($0.39) 3 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($0.39) A (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.24, BB calls $0.24.

Final Pot: $0.87.
      27/11/13.0 39 hands
      value bet on river?
  • 2 replies
    • Duudalinja

Although sample size is not big he seems pretty aggro, so calling flop is ok and I'd check back turn aswell, because getting raised would suck here.'

I think on river both options are viable. We can bet to get called by low pp type of hands, but then we should to it smallish (0.16$) so he couldn't resist calling with trash. That may induce him some kind of bluffraise (if his af is even close to real), but I don't expect him to raise too often when A hits, so I think b/f should be fine line.
      If we don't feel like he's going to call here or he's going for c/r too often we can always check here and take free showdown.

Good luck!
    • veriz
      Hello xero100,

Flop: Raising here is out of question since we don't really want to go broke. So your Call is the best play here.
      Turn: Against such a loose opponent you can easily Bet for value here and also for protection, they tend to Call with any kind of smaller PPs also but just Checking behind ain't wrong either.
      River: How often do you expect a villain to Call here your bet with weaker hands like 55+ or something similar? I don't really see that often but if you got reads on that he is capable of Calling with such hand having 2 overcards on board then you can likely bet out but more often I'd just prefer to Check behind and see the showdown.

Best regards.