Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $2.57
      MP2:
      $1.43

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:diamond: , K:diamond:
      MP1 folds, MP2 raises to $0.07, 4 folds, Hero raises to $0.24, MP2 calls $0.17.

Flop: ($0.49) J:club: , 6:heart: , 5:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.32, MP2 calls $0.32.

Turn: ($1.13) 7:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 checks.

River: ($1.13) J:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $0.54, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $1.67

When he called the flop I guessed I was looking at a pocket pair or maybe AJ if he decided to play it unaggressively. I pretty couldn't see him folding to a bet on the turn with anything he called the flop with.

So I guess on the river he could be bluffing but most likely he has me beat here right? And anything else I should have done differently?

Thanks
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Jeffers16,

Nah, your play is totally fine, he can still have a lot of PPs in his range with what he is trying to get small value on river. So Check/Folding there is fine. Sometimes against floaters you have to take 2nd barrel line here in such situations but often you have to know the stats of the opponent and you have to know that he is doing such floats & fold often enough to make the 2nd barrel profitable but however it costs too much on 3bet pot you can likely forget it since you often don't have that good reads from only 58 hands. Sometimes you could also consider just Check/Folding there against some passive oppnents who don't give it up on flop and usually Call with PPs in such situations.

Best regards.