help counter exploit expliotative regs

• supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      this guy is a big winner at my limits and i have trouble vs him and would like to get advice.
      i feel that his stats are just so sick to still remain a big winner.
      his raises and resteals are so sick
  • 6 replies
    • r4zor
      r4zor
      Bronze
      is he multitabling? his fold to CB is very low, i think he floats on the flop and fold to turnbets a lot.

if im playing against him IP and i was the PFR i cb a lot of flops and raise turn if he bet out on the turn.

his steal % is very high wow!! 3bet a lot against him. but if u just call his PFR then c/r his cbet because he cbets alot of boards. my suggestion is to c/r your percieved calling range on the flop. like 589ss, Qxx, some Axx-Kxx.

hope you have some plans now. :)
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Originally posted by r4zor
      his steal % is very high wow!! 3bet a lot against him.
      Well; not really... CO range of 25% is standard, BU steal range is pretty low (i have 56% and even 70% is doable in low stakes), but SB range is super wide. In general, CO and SB steal attempts should be the same so this guy doesnt care about position advantage/disadvantage at all.. Simply conclusion: dont 3bet him that often OOP since he's not folding much, but fee free to 3bet him BB vs SB all day long - he will hate his life if he opens 50% and will have to face 3bet almost always ;)

If you're playing OOP, c/r your monsters on flop..

Feel free to raise his cbets as r4zor mentioned..

There's a lot more you can do to outplay him imo, but you have to decide between whether you want to play low variance game and crush him with your value hands or whether you want to make his life as miserable as possible and exploit his aggression everytime hi gives you chance to do so.
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      @opal:
      well thank you. the thing i have is that many regulars play so exploitatively(some winning strategies some losing strategies) which makes them all so exploitable. if i dont exploit them, i feel that i'm losing alot of value. but if i do exploit them, then theres alot more work to be done and i get myself unnecessary variance, what more there are so many of these donkeys. suckssssssssssssss
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      this guy is stationy
      cbet less frequently but barrel him more, open smaller 2.5X from CO(25%)/BU(50%) and 4bet/call 3bet a lot. His 3bet range is probably too bluff heavy and you can exert lots of pressure on him. Cbet is so high too so I will float and bluffraise him a lot
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      @mblm: hey thks will try :f_biggrin:
    • Bierbaer
      Bierbaer
      Bronze
      I would rather call his 3bets IP with hands like AJ, KJ etc than 4bet.
      The reason is, that he can easily adjust to the 4bets by shoving a wide range - in this case you're folding even bigger pots.

By calling good hands (that dominate a lot of stuff in his range) you can really make his life hard.

The same goes when he's on the BU and you're in the blinds.
      3bet A9s+ , KJs+, JTs+, KQo+ and TT+ (maybe any PP if you're comfortable playing them OOP) and go for value postflop.