high check raise %

• supeyrio
      so some people have high check raises on flops/turns. so how do u intepret 5% 10% 15%? ofc board texture/metagame plays apart, but these regs usually multitable alot.

some regs choose to exploit some lines e.g. call check raise turn line and often they are given credit since such plays are so strong and infrequent. i've occasionally have a hand and when i shove over the top vs their check raise turn, they fold. obviously i'm going to give lesser credit to high freq checkraisers. so the qn is how can we deal with them especially with marginal holdings and how can we employ their strategies vs others?
  • 2 replies
    • supeyrio
      e.g. caught this reg following through his bluff. he has a 21% c/r. this play is made easier given that i held AA. but in FR and against his playing style of 13/10, he's almost always having a PP here, i called with much thought that i may be beat, but i'm fairly surprise he turns up with no equity. i don't think he's steaming because he didnt have any previous big loss and i didnt get into any metagame with him. thoughts?
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      SB ($50)
      BB ($56.35)
      UTG ($70.70)
      Hero ($50.75)
      UTG+2 ($103)
      MP1 ($56.25)
      CO ($33)
      BTN ($59.55)

Dealt to Hero A:club: A:diamond:

fold, Hero raises to $2, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, BB calls $1.50

FLOP ($4.25) 7:diamond: J:diamond: 5:spade:

BB checks, Hero bets $3, BB raises to $8.50, Hero raises to $16, BB raises to $54.35 (AI), Hero calls $32.75 (AI)

TURN ($101) 7:diamond: J:diamond: 5:spade: Q:diamond:

RIVER ($101) 7:diamond: J:diamond: 5:spade: Q:diamond: K:diamond:

BB shows 4:diamond: 4:heart:
      (Pre 19%, Flop 11.4%, Turn 4.5%)

Hero shows A:club: A:diamond:
      (Pre 81%, Flop 88.6%, Turn 95.5%)

Hero wins $98.75
    • Bierbaer
      If he checkraises as a bluff that often I'd usually just call this IP with made hands, especially with the redraw.
      You have to adjust to this by bluffcatching more - if you 3bet your strong hands you make it even better for them to c/r as they know that once you call they can keep the pressure up.

In general I hardly ever use the checkraise-%, I'm not even sure what a high number would look like, but I guess 10%+ can be considered "high".