[NL20-NL50] spew or good play? nl50 3bet

• supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      didnt really look at villian's stat just noted that his stats look solid. his play looks like total air ball here, because he would'nt check raise anything on this super dry board except slowplayed AA or KK i guess. so i thought his range is heavily weighted to bluffs. when turn comes another T and he fires quickly half pot, it made even less sense since any pocket pair is slowing down, any fullhouse or trips would consider slow playing. hence i shoved. spewy? or good play vs his range?

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      SB ($105)
      BB ($99.35)
      UTG ($26.30)
      UTG+1 ($25.95)
      UTG+2 ($77.60)
      MP1 ($50)
      CO ($60.45)
      Hero ($59.15)

Dealt to Hero Q:club: A:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, fold, CO raises to $1.50, Hero raises to $4.50, fold, fold, CO calls $3

FLOP ($9.75) 4:club: T:heart: 5:diamond:

CO checks, Hero bets $5, CO raises to $13, Hero calls $8

TURN ($35.75) 4:club: T:heart: 5:diamond: T:diamond:

CO bets $18, Hero raises to $41.65 (AI), CO folds

Hero shows Q:club: A:diamond:

Hero wins $68.75

• 7 replies
    • AninIII
      AninIII
      Bronze
      Hi,

villain looks a bit like he's on the nittier side.
      So preflop 3-bet is fine in position, although some players tend to 4-bet or fold oop. So flat call is an option too.
      On flop I'd check it back because I wouldn't like a check raise with A high.
      As played: Why do you suppose he has air on turn, where he only has to call 23,65$ to win 97,40$?
      I guess you made him fold 66-99 or maybe even JJ.
      But if I were him I'd never fold JJ in that spot.

You are basically telling him the story, that you have a T.
      But think about 2 things:
      1.) How many Tx hands do you have in your range?
      2.) If you had actually really a T, f.e. T9s would you have shoved the turn?

If you answers are hardly few hands and no, then I guess it's spewy.

Best regards,
      Anin
    • IIJonasII
      IIJonasII
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AninIII

Why you can't play AA KK QQ same way? Or its mandatory to 3bet these hands on flop?
    • AninIII
      AninIII
      Bronze
      [quote][i]Why you can't play AA KK QQ same way? Or its mandatory to 3bet these hands on flop?[/quote]Of course you can. I forgot to include these.
      But you are right, that these will be raised most of the times on flop already.
      But all depends on the particular villain, your own image and the table flow.
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AninIII
      Hi,

villain looks a bit like he's on the nittier side.
      So preflop 3-bet is fine in position, although some players tend to 4-bet or fold oop. So flat call is an option too.
      On flop I'd check it back because I wouldn't like a check raise with A high.
      As played: Why do you suppose he has air on turn, where he only has to call 23,65$ to win 97,40$?
      I guess you made him fold 66-99 or maybe even JJ.
      But if I were him I'd never fold JJ in that spot.

But think about 2 things:
      1.) How many Tx hands do you have in your range?
      2.) If you had actually really a T, f.e. T9s would you have shoved the turn?

If you answers are hardly few hands and no, then I guess it's spewy.

Best regards,
      Anin
      why would he check raise 66-99 or JJ?? by doing so, he's showing he's not ready to fold and is going to play for stacks. obviously out of line imo. his raise cbet stat in 3bet pot is 22%. what more his range is kept wider considering he flats in CO.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think he is not b/c pf with 44/55. he may very easily 4-bet with TT+ so yeah he is very likely bluffing there, so your move should be quite profitable
      If he is doing that for value smt like JJ+ I would never expect him to fold there, but consider he is very likely just c/c his middle pp-s or Tx on the flop I think you can sometimes make these moves. Just don´t think that players would try to overplay you in every 3-bet pot, since then you´re just running too often against made hands
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      I like it. I wouldnt do it, but I like it. Hes not ch/R 44/55 on flop since he doesnt want you to fold. He "cant" have TT once turn is a T, and he is going broke pre with QQ-AA (sometimes JJ), so I think he has air or a medium pp here and hes not calling off 80bb shove on river with either.
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      i know, super high variance play but i cant let them run over me all day. have to really look for spots..