Feedback Thread: Beginner's Quiz (3) - SnGs

• 15 replies
    • pzhon
      pzhon
      Bronze
      Whew, I passed. :) The only one where I disagreed was problem 10, where I favored playing a raised pot instead of overlimping. There is a good chance to pick up the pot or make it heads-up, which tends to be favorable for TT. I don't think overlimping is clearly wrong, but I think it is suboptimal.

I disagreed with explanations/scoring on some minor points. I think making a small raise in hand 1 should be scored higher than folding or calling. I prefer pushing, but it's not much of a mistake to make a small raise, whereas I think it would be a big mistake to call, and a bigger mistake to fold.

In questions 4 and 9, I don't agree that calling to see a flop would reduce your hand to set value. You can easily win with JJ unimproved, for example, and you might get some value unimproved. The TT hand was on the button, and even 72o on the button has some good chances to take pots no one wants.
    • Schrader69
      Schrader69
      Silver
      Q1. I thought was bit to deep for me 2 love a ship since it was 2x'd. I think we could be losing value when villian folds weaker Aces to a ship but may flat a 3bet.
      I'd op for a go n go. Thats just my -ve roi opinion.

Q10. went for the raise but its proly personal preference
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      I coldcalled at Q1 (the AQ hand where button minraises). Shoving makes sense too, don't think coldcalling is terrible though :]
    • LgWz
      LgWz
      Black
      I'd always raise hand 1 and hand 10. I think shoving hand 1 misses a lot of value...
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      doesn't raising hand 1 lead to an awkward flop? Raising will bloat the pot to 500+ chips is he called, what are you gonna do if you miss the flop?
    • LgWz
      LgWz
      Black
      Originally posted by viewer88
      doesn't raising hand 1 lead to an awkward flop? Raising will bloat the pot to 500+ chips is he called, what are you gonna do if you miss the flop?
      Decide if it's good for a cbet or not :P
    • santostr
      santostr
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pzhon
      Whew, I passed. :) The only one where I disagreed was problem 10, where I favored playing a raised pot instead of overlimping. There is a good chance to pick up the pot or make it heads-up, which tends to be favorable for TT. I don't think overlimping is clearly wrong, but I think it is suboptimal.
      Weee. passed. Also missed 2 point on problem 10, had pretty much the same reasoning as pzhon. That sounds pretty good :s_biggrin:

@LgWz: Raise to how much? I don't think you can cbet fold after that...

OOP I def. prefer shipping there.
    • nivusic
      nivusic
      Bronze
      My first 100% :) )
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      Q2 I flat called.. My reasoning was that I am fine inducing action from the blinds here since 99 plays well against steal ranges here..
      The reasoning for the quiz to shove was that we didn't want to induce action...
      and since pzhon didn't comment on it I'm pretty sure I'm just a :f_biggrin:
    • stevegold87
      stevegold87
      Bronze
      I destroyed this quiz compared to the quiz #6 this is a beginner quiz. I got 28/30 yea.

Think we should raise at question 10. Limping TT lose values for sure.
    • wiarygodny
      wiarygodny
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Hlynkinn
      Q2 I flat called.. My reasoning was that I am fine inducing action from the blinds here since 99 plays well against steal ranges here..
      The reasoning for the quiz to shove was that we didn't want to induce action...
      and since pzhon didn't comment on it I'm pretty sure I'm just a :f_biggrin:
      i went for a flat as well. I'd prefer to raise it but that was not an option for some reason :) on the other hand with those stack sizes on the blindes its probably never gonna be a r/f, even against tight plrs so maybe pushing is better to maximize the FE. I just tought that pushing 50bb here is a bit spewy. Any thoughts?
    • Castle93
      Castle93
      Bronze
      i lost point on Q10 as well, i would never over limp there, id raise for sure
    • Shyko
      Shyko
      Bronze
      can someone explain how to read the stats in between brackets ? i.e. (tXXXXX) thanks
    • misticman
      misticman
      Bronze
      +1
    • ghaleon
      ghaleon
      Black
      txxxx just tell how many chip each player has. Stats at least in first questions were vpip/pfr.