Raising

• p0rkus
      p0rkus
      Bronze
      So far in all the videos I watched for bronze level + all bronze and basic articles it never really explains how much to raise. I undertand it depends on how often we think villain is going to call and value etc... but is there some standard or is this dealt only in the silver articles (I don't consider myself silver yet :) )

Do we consider that after a villain bet 50 into a pot of 100, and we want protection for example we raise to 2/3 of the new (150) pot - or do we just triple his bet as pre-flop - or perhaps we make him call at least 1:1 (150)?

I just realised there are no guidelines (in the videos they bet a lot more than I do but so far no real explanation) and began doubting myself :)
  • 4 replies
    • Sailer85
      Sailer85
      Bronze
      this depends on the odds you want to offer your oppontent.

Pot bet you give him 2:1
      1/2Pot bet 3:1

etc..

just give him the wrong price to call you bet
    • p0rkus
      p0rkus
      Bronze
      thanks, I noticed that the silver articles are FULL of bet size information - so it is safe to assume that a beginner (non silver) should concentrate on the basics (value pot control semibluff etc...) and does so to the best of his experience correct?
    • rbdflyboy
      rbdflyboy
      Bronze
      can also depend if one wants to juice the pot or narrow the field. Either way .6% of pot size roughly is what I bet if I have a hand.
    • pzhon
      pzhon
      Bronze
      If the villain bets 50 into a pot of 100, then calling would make the pot 200. This is what you should view as the new pot size when you raise, not 150. If you want to raise the full pot and give him 2:1 immediate odds, then you need to raise to 50+200. If you want to raise 1/2 pot, then you need to put in 50+100.