NL50SH Rush

• Hagbard00
      Hagbard00
      Bronze
      Ok, usually I don't complain about downswings but this is getting ridiculous. Since October I'm running 35+ BI below EV which is tilting me just by looking at it. :f_mad:

Unfortunately ptr doesn't track Rush hands, so I would love to see a winning graph from NL50SH reg, to lift me up a little. At the moment I don't believe winning here is even possible lol.

Rigged

At least I'm consistent... loser haha.
  • 10 replies
    • fulja
      fulja
      Bronze
      Hi....Yeah, rush can be brutal to ones mind :) But always remember. Longterm matters, just keep on studying and improving. Everything will go back to positive :)

If you improve even more, your upswings will become bigger and downswings smaller! That's the way I look at this :)

GL
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      running below EV definitely sucks. but just look at if u ran at EV, you're not a quite a B/E player anyway. ofc all in EV is nt a true measure of luck so you could still be unlucky. but my point is, i've been at your stage, and the key is to just keep improving your game till the point whereby u can run below EV but still B/E or lose much much lesser.
    • fuzzyfish
      fuzzyfish
      Bronze
      How much rakeback for the period? Do you participate in affiliate rake races?
    • OZSA
      OZSA
      Bronze
      I thought running so bad is my specialty but I see u beat me there. i only had 25-30BI below ev on rush, so...gz...btw, u cant do a shit to change it, the more you loose the worse you will feel, the worse you will play..taking a break is best, at least a few weeks, go out, get drunk, play some shooter, just dont focus on ur downswing or poker at all...come back afterwards and play slowly, think twice at each hand, and stop at ur first anger/hate/tilt for 10mins at least.. beside that, u cant do a shit really..when i have a sick session, usually afterwards im getting setups where i win..so, just be patient and hunt the fish
    • Hagbard00
      Hagbard00
      Bronze
      Originally posted by supeyrio
      running below EV definitely sucks. but just look at if u ran at EV, you're not a quite a B/E player anyway. ofc all in EV is nt a true measure of luck so you could still be unlucky. but my point is, i've been at your stage, and the key is to just keep improving your game till the point whereby u can run below EV but still B/E or lose much much lesser.
      Yeah, even if I ran at EV line I would still be only 1bb/100 winner (at this point I would be delighted to be marginal winner heh). On regular tables I had 5bb/100 over 120k hands (not great either but ok I guess).
      I should just quit rush.
      Rigged

:D

Originally posted by fuzzyfish
      How much rakeback for the period? Do you participate in affiliate rake races?
      PS.com is my affiliate for FTP and NL50 isn't enough to get paid in rake race. Rakeback was around $700, so my downswing isnt't that big at all. What irritates me is the consistent (almost 100k hands lol) losing in all-in situations.

Originally posted by OZSA
      taking a break is best, at least a few weeks, go out, get drunk, play some shooter, just dont focus on ur downswing or poker at all...
      That's what I am going to do. Until next week, when I'll donate some more $$$ in rush week.
    • OZSA
      OZSA
      Bronze
      man i really doubt rush is good, i do play rush, i played shitloads like 400k hands or more, but only on NL10, and even there its so rare to find fishes..and if I do find, they suckout only. honestly rush is not good..its like cigarrettes, they are not good for you...i just cant give up rush, just like cigarettes :) ) but i have a deadline, clear the endyear bonus and then bb FT, welcome stars.. normal tables > rush...only one thing can change this, but I dont see it coming..if more fishes would come to rush, i see on Rush advertises for weeks now on TV but no change in the player pool at all..so I guess, it will only get worse, rush players are generally better then normal tables, even if they are not better they are nittier so you cant get their money, they wont bluff enough to make u profit.. you should really quit rush, dont think about it, just do it imo
    • fuzzyfish
      fuzzyfish
      Bronze
      I'm currently running about 15 BI below EV over 25 000 hands and it really hurt my bankroll, but meh... I't would be a lot worse if I would have lost it because of the bad play. I mean, even my EV line is not great but it's not a disaster either. So I guess as long you are not broke, EV line is all that matters. It represents your quality of play way better than the actual winnings line. I guess you plan to play many more hands in the future so you shouldn't be too concerned about the money "variance robbed from you." :)
    • fulja
      fulja
      Bronze
      Originally posted by OZSA
      man i really doubt rush is good, i do play rush, i played shitloads like 400k hands or more, but only on NL10, and even there its so rare to find fishes..and if I do find, they suckout only. honestly rush is not good..its like cigarrettes, they are not good for you...i just cant give up rush, just like cigarettes :) ) but i have a deadline, clear the endyear bonus and then bb FT, welcome stars.. normal tables > rush...only one thing can change this, but I dont see it coming..if more fishes would come to rush, i see on Rush advertises for weeks now on TV but no change in the player pool at all..so I guess, it will only get worse, rush players are generally better then normal tables, even if they are not better they are nittier so you cant get their money, they wont bluff enough to make u profit.. you should really quit rush, dont think about it, just do it imo
      Adapt and profit imo...I think I have noticed you around at NL10, name sounds familiar. It's not the same game, has its pros and cons, just like regular cahs tables. But if it wasn't profitable I don't think we'd have lots of "big" guys playing and crushing it.

I mean, at first I thought something like what you said there, but then decided to acknowledge it's not them, it's me. And then I started working on my game more and playing a bit less, and I got better, then worked more and became even better, now I'm trying even more and I know I'll become good enough to move up comfortably and with crushing my current level. It's just a matter of how much are you willing to invest in yourself and that specific type of holdem you want to play.

Guess my point is...don't quit rush if you enjoy playing it. I know I can get more $$ out of regular cash games cause my results so far say so, I know I can get even more $$ out of some mtt sngs. But I enjoy playing rush more than playing those other games so I strive to be better in it.
    • OZSA
      OZSA
      Bronze
      its hard to adapt when ur thinking about folding bottom sets, overpairs top 2 pairs all the time...not because ur afraid, because you have to..today i folded 2x aa, 2x kk, a set and a drill...and guess what, all of them i was beat, lucky that i saw the winning hand at showdown..at normal games, there's no god you have to fold stuff like this, u just ship and win..thats a huge difference..rush is addictive thats why ppl play it imo:)
    • OZSA
      OZSA
      Bronze
      i checked you in hem, like ur stats, i wonder what winrate/hands you have with this style.