CO ($53)
      BTN ($17.95)

Dealt to Hero T:diamond: K:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $2, BB calls $1.50

FLOP ($4) 6:diamond: 2:diamond: Q:heart:

Hero bets $3.50, BB calls $3.50

TURN ($11) 6:diamond: 2:diamond: Q:heart: 7:spade:

Hero bets $8, BB raises to $21.50, Hero folds

villain is 35/21/1, wts 41/ 247 hs. No specific reads, but I have this player marked as bad. He has seen me playing back quite light (I 4b his BB 3b with T8s and he called down on xKTx8 bd with JJ - so he makes light call downs).

My thinking for this hand was that as we have a strong flush draw on the flop we should plan to be barrelling flop and turn here, to build the pot/generate fold equity. if we are barrelling I wanted to bet bigger in order to create more dead money. Is that reasonable?

Is there any reason to think that we could profitably shove over villains turn raise - he looks committed to me.

thanks
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I guess T8s went postflop b/c, c/c, shove/call. So that calldown isn´t that bad in 4-bet pot :D
      I would not bet turn that big, since that would put us quite bad river spot with K high. Player likes to call down, he is ahead of on the turn very often, so I´d rather bet turn 6-7$, since I have some fold equity+ if I want then I can bet again river if I think he is folding Qx, but very often they would just call us down, so I would just c/f river ui
      he is not bluffing there with worse hands, so b/f turn is fine