Everyone`s solid SSS?

• scett
      scett
      Bronze
      Hi guys, I`ve been playing SSS for 5 days now and have about 8k hands. I`ve been looking at mine and other player graphs and stuff. So I come to realise that most of shortstackers and breaking even or close to that.

There could be some stable profit if there wasn`t rake, but it`s just a bit too high to make profit. Btw I`m playin NL2 (mabe rake here is higher?).

So the only income is rakeback.... how on earth players at pokerstars survive without rakeback?!

My graph so far:

• 20 replies
    • MeanGreen
      MeanGreen
      Bronze
      With SSS you can aim for 2bb/100 hands if the sample is big enough, played correctly, etc. 8k is a start, but not enough to make any decent judgments.

You should make sure you don't have any big leaks in your game, since a 0.5bb/100 hands leak is already 25% of the expected winrate.
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      SSS is pretty usless since new table BI changes. When you play with other SSSers they more or less know what they're doing since its pretty easy to learn. Anyhow SSS was always mostly all about playing 24 tables to get massive rakeback and clear bonuses and rake races and stuff like that.
    • AlCaTrAzzALZ
      AlCaTrAzzALZ
      Bronze
      SSS is profitable on these tables, just need to know how to adapt to different players and spot the fish ;)
    • JHTAN
      JHTAN
      Bronze
      SSS is the easiet strategy to learn but it take life time to master it. lol

Cheers
    • T3rMiT3
      T3rMiT3
      Silver
      SSS is very profitable... check my NL10 graph from december on 888poker

I say it is very profitable to play SSS, at least on NL10. :s_biggrin:
    • Borgim1992
      Borgim1992
      Bronze
      Originally posted by T3rMiT3
      SSS is very profitable... check my NL10 graph from december on 888poker

I say it is very profitable to play SSS, at least on NL10. :s_biggrin:
      sss is playable at 888poker?
    • T3rMiT3
      T3rMiT3
      Silver
      on NL10 it is ... higher it's not posible
    • Borgim1992
      Borgim1992
      Bronze
      Originally posted by T3rMiT3
      on NL10 it is ... higher it's not posible
      Sick :s_cry:
    • sufix645
      sufix645
      Bronze
      double post
    • sufix645
      sufix645
      Bronze
      Originally posted by sufix645
      it is profitable..
      my start: at first 12k hands I was 20-tabling. then I learned what means stealing :D and actually made some proffit (by looking at all in ev)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thats NL25. I think like 4-5bb/100 is tottaly doable. Here is only my first steps, so I wouldnt feel bad even if I would lose here all in ev wise.

Wanted to know how big sample would I need to starting to look at my wr? by looking at at swings that may be like 10 BI in less than 1k hands, it should be like 150-200k right?
      made like 250$ in rake.

P.S. so sux that my PokerStars account wasnt made through PokerStrategy.com :( it would give me so much. :(
    • AlCaTrAzzALZ
      AlCaTrAzzALZ
      Bronze
      it is profitable..
      my start: at first 12k hands I was 20-tabling. then I learned what means stealing :D and actually made some proffit (by looking at all in ev)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
      please please please read the article on stealing and blind defense... there is no way you will be a long term winner with a redline like that
    • sufix645
      sufix645
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AlCaTrAzzALZ

please please please read the article on stealing and blind defense... there is no way you will be a long term winner with a redline like that
      12k to 20k its BE. should it go in positive?
    • AlCaTrAzzALZ
      AlCaTrAzzALZ
      Bronze
      if your mass tabling it's very hard to have a +ve red line unless your awesome (esp for SH :P ) but yeah, break even redline is where it's at for SSS... look at your SD winnings, now imagine that was your actual winnings... ;)

edit: imagine if hands 16-17k ur red line was as bad as it was at the start... what was a small downswing would have most likely crippled your roll and left your moving down in limits. everyone assumes that SSS is all about stacking off 20bb with AA and giggling, but in reality SSS is all about managing every aspect of a 20bb stack, especially the areas of blind defense, steal/resteals, and if u wanna get really crazy, stealing from the SB/BB ;)

because the most we can win from any one hand is 20bb, any small mistake we might make is intensified alot more than for a BSS player. i'm sure there are FR BSS players out there with a red line like yours at the start who are crushing 5bb/100 over a large sample. but that doens't work for us. because of the limitations of a 20bb stack, we need to play perfect poker, 24/7/365 (xmas day off obv).

BSS players can get sloppy, they can make small mistakes and still show a +ve winrate. they will never understand how much effort we have to goto to make sure every aspect of our game is airtight and how a small leak, which might not affect them at all, can turn a SSS player into a losing player.
    • sufix645
      sufix645
      Bronze
      yea with no-stealing game and running bad as I don now, it would be brutal
      so now my game should go to winning side? (all in wise, not winnings)
    • AlCaTrAzzALZ
      AlCaTrAzzALZ
      Bronze
      without going into detail in specific hands/spots etc, if an SSS player has a flat red line, and a positive ev line, i'd say there doing ok ;)
    • Zhusy
      Zhusy
      Bronze
      SSS is profitable on these tables, just need to know how to adapt to different players and spot the fish ;)
      ROFL you wanna spot the fish with your miserable 30BB ? Get real and learn poker.
    • OZSA
      OZSA
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Zhusy
      ROFL you wanna spot the fish with your miserable 30BB ? Get real and learn poker.
      hey dont get cocky, and btw, you mean 20BB :D
    • AlCaTrAzzALZ
      AlCaTrAzzALZ
      Bronze
      do all silver members with 48 posts get so cocky towards platinums? ;)

go pay some more rake son, i'll talk to you when your at least gold lol
    • Zhusy
      Zhusy
      Bronze
      do all silver members with 48 posts get so cocky towards platinums? ;)

go pay some more rake son, i'll talk to you when your at least gold lol
      Some people here don't play over pstrategy only? I reged for ongame rakerace thats all. This status thingies don't mean much trust me.