UTG ($50)
      UTG+1 ($50)
      UTG+2 ($54.50)
      MP1 ($50)
      MP2 ($77.50)
      Hero ($51.50)
      BTN ($39.20)

Dealt to Hero K:club: K:heart:

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $1.50, fold, fold, BB calls $1

FLOP ($3.25) K:spade: A:spade: 9:spade:

BB checks, Hero bets $2.50, BB calls $2.50

TURN ($8.25) K:spade: A:spade: 9:spade: Q:heart:

BB checks, Hero bets $6.50, BB calls $6.50

RIVER ($21.25) K:spade: A:spade: 9:spade: Q:heart: 3:heart:

BB bets $59.45 (AI), Hero ???
  • 4 replies
    • Hajler
      Hajler
      Bronze
      Hello,

I have found myself in this exact situation a lot lately as well. Unless he is some sort of spewmonkey I think he pretty much always has the nuts here. He might show up with some random two pair or worse set, but most of the time I think he will have flopped a flush - random suited crap is probably going to be a big part if his range.

That said, I would probably call anyways and then hate myself for it. :f_cry:
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Hajler
      Hello,

I have found myself in this exact situation a lot lately as well. Unless he is some sort of spewmonkey I think he pretty much always has the nuts here. He might show up with some random two pair or worse set, but most of the time I think he will have flopped a flush - random suited crap is probably going to be a big part if his range.

That said, I would probably call anyways and then hate myself for it. :f_cry:
      +1
      overbets usually is for nuts, but I would also call.
      He is very often lead river smaller with flush if he isn´t really c/r that hand earlier and his line doesn´t make sense at all. Why not c/r turn with flush to get more value on the river, so i think he can , so he can sometimes show you also missed draw
    • AninIII
      AninIII
      Bronze
      Hi,

I don't understand the 1,7 aggression factor and your note aggro fish.
      In my mind 1,7 AF isn't that much.

Having that said, it's a relative easy fold for me considering, that the nearly 3x overbets (oh i see for you only 2x). You only beat bluffs.
      This fish can even shove JT there i guess.

Fold and be happy that he shoves, because if he c/shoves you on river, you would have called anyway. And so you save yourself 41$.

In my experience, fish has after ch/c, ch/c, donkshove line at least a small flush 99,9% of the time.

Best regards,
      Anin
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      @ Anin: i dont mean he's aggro. i mean that 1.7 is his aggr factor..

@kaitz20: yes i called because his line made zero sense. so he turned up with 78o. i expected to see alot of two pairs and possibly some busto FD.