Stack
      Hero:
      $2
      CO:
      $1.73
      BU:
      $2

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with J:spade: , J:club:
      4 folds, CO calls $0.02, BU raises to $0.10, SB folds, Hero raises to $0.34, CO folds, BU calls $0.24.

Flop: ($0.71) Q:club: , T:heart: , 7:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.46, BU calls $0.46.

Turn: ($1.63) 3:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $1, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $2.63

Should I not 3bet preflop here?

I woulda thought a lot of the time CO and BU aren't holding much here. I could get value out of a lot of lower pocket pairs (people seem to call preflop against all the odds looking for sets from what I've seen so far) and most other stuff will fold.

And postflop I'm not really sure how to play it. I think it's the right choice to conti bet this board, incase he did have lower pairs etc.

Thanks for feedback
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Jeffers16,

Preflop: Since the players tend to be so loose there then their iso-raise is much wider than your 3bet and also they could be Calling your 3bet range with a lot weaker PPs so I don't mind the play here, usually I would have done the same, unless we are against some very tight opponent, then you could easily consider just Calling and reevaluating postflop.
      Flop: The board is pretty good to CBet since theire ain't many draws and one overcard, he could be Calling with a lot wider range which he is just going to Check/Fold on such board, any SC, PPs and etc.
      Turn: Most often just Check/Fold since it would cost us too much to 2nd barrel and we had likely go broke when he decides to shove and usually they use not to float on 3bet pots, more often they have a hand.

Best regards.