Dealt to Hero K:spade: K:club:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $1.75, BTN calls $1.75, fold, fold

FLOP ($4.25) A:diamond: 2:club: 5:diamond:

Hero bets $3, BTN raises to $8, Hero calls $5

TURN ($20.25) A:diamond: 2:club: 5:diamond: T:club:

Hero checks, BTN bets $15, Hero calls $15

RIVER ($50.25) A:diamond: 2:club: 5:diamond: T:club: A:spade:

Hero checks, BTN checks

villain apparently aggressive reg. 23/20/6 wts 28, 3b 8%, 285 hands. Only specific read is that in another hand, villain floated a cb on Axx, bet the turn after it was checked to him, then folded to a check raise.

pretty ugly to face a raise on this board. I feel that if villain had a strong ace here he would most often have 3b pre. Also, we have blockers to AK (and it's hard to imagine villain raising for value with AQ or less) So I reasoned his range is mostly air/sets/flush or straight draws.
      If this is correct, should we always have the plan of calling villains turn barrel as well?

Given that the River reduces combinations of Ax hugely and all the obvious draws missed, would it be a mistake to call, say $30, 3rd barrel?

what about if villain had bet pot or shoved?

Thanks
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I would likely just b/f flop. There isn´t really too many turn cards and if villain would really 3-bet flop for value AQ also all the other value hands: A5, A2, 34s, 22, 55 then you´re crushes his range only hoping that he is making move with flushdraws, which very often people won´t do, since they don´t expect to have fold equity on Axx boards
      But yeah, if you put him on draws and all the draws missed then call him down
      I think he won´t bet pot anything, he may overbet shove, but that is likely for value, so you have to fold. Calling smt like 33$ river bet is likely reasonable, although not sure how often he is barreling his missed draws consider that A paired and you´re not really folding there trips
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Thanks for that. He had here 6d8d for flush draw on flop.

Not sure about his play - if I raise from utg, there are many more Ax in my range. But from CO my range is much wider so maybe his fe is pretty good if I dont have an Ace (I mean - you suggest I lay down KK here so his move must have merit).

On river its interesting as you said. Less likely he has an Ace but also less likely I fold Ax, so if he bets, he's likely not bluffing (in which case maybe we cant even call 1/2 pt).
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tim64
      Thanks for that. He had here 6d8d for flush draw on flop.

Not sure about his play - if I raise from utg, there are many more Ax in my range. But from CO my range is much wider so maybe his fe is pretty good if I dont have an Ace (I mean - you suggest I lay down KK here so his move must have merit).

On river its interesting as you said. Less likely he has an Ace but also less likely I fold Ax, so if he bets, he's likely not bluffing (in which case maybe we cant even call 1/2 pt).
      depends how you think about your hand range
      Very often people would not put you on KK-TT when you against c/c turn, but you may have smt like KdQd, QdJd or Tdxd. So to get fold these hands he may easily bluff river hand that has no swowdown value. So once you c/c turn I think better is likely c/c river, but you should have then reason first to think he is capable also betting turn with draws, since a lot of people would not bluff turn, since once people c/c flop, they have to fire turn and river barrels. And best just to take your free card and raise/bet river if you hit.