NL Holdem $1(BB) Replayer
      SB ($277)
      Hero ($230)
      UTG ($57.80)
      UTG+1 ($104)
      CO ($110)
      BTN ($100)

Dealt to Hero K:spade: A:heart:

UTG raises to $2, UTG+1 calls $2, fold, fold, SB raises to $11, [color=red]Hero raises to $30...

utg and mp are unknown. SB is a reg: 18/17/2, wts 20, 3b 12, squeeze 19.
      Is this a more or less mandatory cold 4b spot given villain's stats and our stack sizes?

Presumably we plan to fold to further action?

I thought raising was better than flat calling because even when we flat call we are indicating we have a very strong hand, but depending on the flop and villain's play we may end up folding the best hand. does anyone prefer flatting here? If so, why?

Is our raise size much too big, or about right given how much behind we both have?

• 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      I think 4-bet is fine and then folding to 5-bet. Your hand looks really strong if you 4-bet there and I think he won´t really 5-bet almost never unless he has there KK/AA
      But likely I would prefer flatting. Your 4-bet range at that spot is: AK/QQ+ or maybe only KK+/AK and you may also flat KK+ to keep in all his dominated hand. But your flating range is likely 88+, maybe some suited hands, like AQs, QJs, JTs, since you and SB are all quite deep. Ofcourse it depends what is UTG stats.
      So AK keep in his AQ, random squeeze hands+ you can play pot ip, which means you can float, bluffraise or call for value whatever you feel like it.