[NL2-NL10] NL10 Min reraise on turn

• AtonalMonk
      AtonalMonk
      Bronze
      Titan No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05/$0.10 (Titan HH Converter by Kreatief)

SB ($9.17)
      BB ($3.38)
      MP1 ($1.90)
      MP2 ($10.66) (Hero)
      MP3 ($2.00)
      CO ($8.68)
      Button ($2.73)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J:spade: , A:heart:
      1 folds, Hero raises to 0.4, CO calls $0.40, 3 folds,

Flop: 6:spade: , 5:diamond: , 2:diamond: ( $0.95 )
      Hero bets $0.60, CO calls $0.60,

Turn: A:spade: ( $2.15 )
      Hero bets $1.40, CO raises to 2.8, Hero raises to 7.9, CO raises All-In $7.68,

River: 7:heart: ( $17.73 )

Final Pot: $16.86

Preflop: Standard raise
      Flop: Standard 2/3 continuation bet
      Turn: Hitting top pair and betting 2/3 for draw protection. The minraise made me decide he had hit a weaker pair of aces.

I think my pot control was wrong, going all-in on the turn with a medium made hand. Should i have just called his bet and check/call the river?
  • 2 replies
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      That's how I would have played it.
      I might have even folded to his reraise, because if he's got the ace, he's probably got a better kicker than your jack (seeing him call a raise pre flop)
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi AtonalMonk!

Originally posted by AtonalMonk
      The minraise made me decide he had hit a weaker pair of aces.

I think my pot control was wrong, going all-in on the turn with a medium made hand. Should i have just called his bet and check/call the river?
      That's correct. You should have called the minraise because in case he really hit a weaker ace with a 6, 5 or 2 kicker you don't have the best hand. Even a different two pair is possible. Although there are a lot of draws out there, your hand is not strong enough to raise the minreraise. By check/calling the river busted draws might try to bluff and you avoid to go broke against better hands meaning that you get the maximum value from worse hands and lose the minimum against better hands.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81