AQ pre flop against all in for a maniac

• levim195
      levim195
      Bronze
      that happened just know...
      i was in good position in a tournament with 5700 chips (start at 3000) until a maniac started to go all in every single hand... that happened for about 5 hands until I got AQo (he had about 7000 chips so he could take me out)
      what would you have done...
      everybody else folded to me (BB)
      posting what happened later not to influence any answers
  • 6 replies
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi levim195!

For me it's an easy call because AQo is way ahead against his raising range if he pushes 5 hands in a row.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • levim195
      levim195
      Bronze
      well thats what I did...
      the problem is that no matter how good it looks like ace queen is a drawing hand and calling a all in with a drawing hand has it's risks..

he turned a K4s the flop came out 4 8 A then K 10 and i was eliminated from a tournament which i was doing pretty good...

maybe i should have waited for a better moment don't you think?
      but maybe he would push all the time... and i would be crippled at the time i could do something.... i don't know anymore

if i'm not mistaken my odds were pre flop a litlle higher then 60% right?
      i don't like trusting on tight odds like that anyway
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      i don't like trusting on tight odds like that anyway

you can't win if you are not willing to die. 60-40 are great odds in an mtt.
    • ManniXXX
      ManniXXX
      Bronze
      Surprised I'm the first to say this but I couldn't give an answer without knowing what blind levels you were at and how many player were remaining.

It's easy to call with any premium hand if the blinds are in their late stages, but there does seem to always be that crazy period of about 5 minutes where everyone is short stacked in relation to the blinds and are going all in on any semi decent hand, until it reaches 3-4 player remaining. I assume we're talking about single tables?
    • Unam
      Unam
      Originally posted by levim195
      well thats what I did...
      the problem is that no matter how good it looks like ace queen is a drawing hand and calling a all in with a drawing hand has it's risks..
      I call here too, no matter what blind level we are in, this guy is willing to waste his chips and I am willing to help him, these people usually have drawing hands for them self, and AQ is a good drawing hand, so I call him, before any other good player gets a hand and I will have to fight to get some chips. I am plying to win, not to make it ITM and to win I need a lot of chips. This is an easy way to get them.
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      110% agree with unam. In HoH he says that if someone is doing that every hand, just pick a hand in the top 30% and call him.

This is: 44+, A2s+, A3o+, K5s+, K7o+, Q8s+, QTo+, J9s+

of course you must be 99% sure any sane player to act behind you is not going to overcall!!