MaRt0MaN's 6max turbo grindings

• martoman2k10
      martoman2k10
      Bronze
      What's up guys, I've decided to make myself a wee blog to track my progress with 6 max turbo sngs.

I'm not going to be posting my graph yet, I'm playing at william hill just now with my starting capital and due to their T&C I'm not allowed to withdraw it yet. In the new year, I'll deposit to FT and start grinding SnG's there.

So I'm going to use the rest of the year to just go through as much learning material as possible.

A little about me: 20 years old, currently taking some time off university(until next september and changing my course hopefully) and working around 20 hours a week. I have been playing online poker since my introduction to it last summer. I enjoy MTTs and SnG's but I feel I'm better suited to playing SnGs.

My current poker setup includes
      • Hold Em manager
      • ICM trainer
      • Dual monitor setup(up to 10 tables)

Short term goals:(until the end of the year)

1. Clear my 1st deposit bonus at WH
      2. Read Secrets of SnGs
      3. Watch all bronze videos on SnGs
      4. Do 500 a day with the ICM trainer

I shall be updating this pretty often I feel, now it's time to hit the tables

Muchos love, MaRt0MaN `-`
  • 3 replies
    • martoman2k10
      martoman2k10
      Bronze
      a player in sit out status just outlasted me, god I hate william hill's blind structure hahah

guy got a backdoor straight then woke up with QQ. As I was on 1.5 BB I shoved my A6s and the obv the overwhealming chip leader called me with 63o and hit his three.

Had a good chuckle though :D
    • martoman2k10
      martoman2k10
      Bronze
      A wee update:

I've given up on playing on William Hill, been playing a lot of playmoney S'n'Gs (2000 buyin) on Fulltilt. The other night I played a four and a half session (with a 10 min break for a shit :D ) just to see how I'll manage it.

When I see a dodgy situation, especially HU, I run the hand through pokerstove just to make I'm not making bad decisions. Yes, the people I call all-ins against with 6:heart: 3:club: are not always happy :evil:

chip and a chair

When I encounter a dodgy situation while playing I've started to go through with ICM.

ICM trainer

These days I've played a lot of SnG's and I'm starting to get a wee bit burned out - losing my focus, missclicking(I normally never), making questionable(at best) decisions etc.

Might take a day or two off, keep reading up on material and get my motivation up :s_confused:
    • martoman2k10
      martoman2k10
      Bronze
      Mid december goal review: been playing a lot of SnG's on William Hill again, though my graph is heading steeply downwards. Decided I'll work on getting a gold membership and then using the learning material to improve my game. It won't be until mid-to-late January that I make my BR deposit on Fulltilt anyway(damn holiday payments! :D )

I've been making a steady progress on Secrets of SnG's - about half way through and same with the bronze videos on here.

I feel like I'm getting the hang of early game, albeit it's more like the lack of it, and I'm startin to review more and more sessions with SnG wiz.

One problem I've been having in my game lately is the inactivity in middle stages. I find myself too often at below starting chips when going into push/fold mode or heading into the bubble with the other players on like 3k+. This really limits my chances surviving the bubble and then winning heads up.

Another thing is I bubble a LOT - 25.5%. 1st - 17.3, 2nd - 21.3. That's after 215 games. Small sample size I know but I'm still a bit worried about my bubbleboy antics