[NL2-NL10] nl5 AK

• brazyd
      Known players:

0,02/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.88 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:diamond: , K:diamond:
      6 folds, BU raises to $0,10, Hero raises to $0,35, BB folds, BU calls $0,25,

Flop: ($2,00) A:club: , 6:diamond: , 4:heart:
      Hero raises to $0,40, BU raises to $0,80, Hero calls $0,40.
      Turn: ($2,00) 7:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $1,8, Hero calls $1,80.

River: ($5,60) 9:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $3,18, Hero calls $2,45 (All-In), BU gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

Final Pot: $10,50

I know I played the hand wrong at the river, should have folded there. But what about the turn? Do I fold to the bet after my check?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello brazyd,

Flop: The pot amounts are messed up somehow. But Bet/Call on flop is likely the best play, also depending on the opponent. Since we don't have stats on him, I'd prefer to take pot control line. Against some fish we could easily get it in there since I expect him to go broke with any kind of Ax type of hand but against unknown I usually take a passive line.
      Turn: As I understand he bets near pot what seems to be very strong and seems that he is showing a lot of strength so likely we have to decide here, either to go broke or just fold. But likely against such a line I'd prefer to fold and try to get some stats on him.

As played
      River: As you Called turn, you have to Call the river also.

Best regards.