This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] nl50 Rush - 87s call 3b oop

• Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      SB ($18)
      BB ($90.40)
      UTG ($149)
      Hero ($159)
      CO ($119)
      BTN ($53.75)

Dealt to Hero 8:heart: 7:heart:

fold, Hero raises to $1.75, fold, BTN raises to $5.50, fold, fold, Hero calls $3.75

FLOP ($11.75) 4:club: Q:spade: 2:spade:

Hero checks, BTN bets $6.50, Hero calls $6.50

TURN ($24.75) 4:club: Q:spade: 2:spade: 8:spade:

Hero checks, BTN bets $12.50, Hero raises to $25, BTN folds

Hero shows 8:heart: 7:heart:

Hero wins $47.30

villain reg 24/18/4 wtsd 32, 313 hands. 3b 9%; 3b from BU 19% (26).
      Against villain who likes to 3b alot from BU we can either 4b (bluff/or value) or call oop and play postflop.

Calling with sc seems like a disaster but just wondering if we can actually rep a stronger range doing this?

In the hand, turn raise is high variance I guess, but if villains range is as weak as 19% he is going to have to fold a huge amount? Villain needs to fold only 40%. I assume he cb 100% 3b pot and barrels this scary turn pretty often too.
  • 5 replies
    • falcone1983
      falcone1983
      Bronze
      This is never going to be profitable. You call a 3bet OOP with a speculative hand, and then float the flop with no equity at all.

You don't rep a strong range here (unless you also flat all your premiums preflop, but that brings a host of other problems), you rep a capped range and that's very dangerous OOP against a smart opponent.
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      K, point taken. Felt thin. :) Im not sure this is a strong opponent, since his BU 3b is so wildly out of proportion, but even against an average opponent I guess we will struggle.

Just 4b/fold 4b/call, depending on our hand?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      for 100bb I think you can´t play there 87s profitable oop. For that I think you need to c/r a lot of boards or lead out your hand a lot of boards or stack off f you hit some kind of pair or draw.
      about your play postflop. really surprised he folded. i think turn is quite standard barreling card, but very likely he has then also high cards with flushdraws so I´d expect him at least call your turn c/r if not shove himself.
      Don´t like your turn c/r. If you think he is barreling then just c/c another blank river card and I guess you have to call shove now with pair, since he can shove there oevrcards+fd on the turn
    • falcone1983
      falcone1983
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tim64
      Just 4b/fold 4b/call, depending on our hand?
      Or, you know, just fold ;) .

Just 4bet/call JJ+/AK/AQs for value & bluff some of your Axs.

That should be more than enough adaptation against his 3bets.
    • N0pr3s3n7
      N0pr3s3n7
      Bronze
      The situation you felt in I like the way you played.Since you called his 3bet you need to take some part in the action :D ( i agree folding is best because we don't have position, IP i'd probably call such a hand against certain opponents and bluff 4bet others.Also flat KK/AA).I like raising the turn since he is betting small and most of the time I think on turn he isn't beting a set especially this small.I see most of his range check/calling this turn and all his "bluff" that hasn't hit range barreling this card so I like it.Just raise it a bit bigger so he can't call AsX or maybe even KsX.