Hero ($50)
      CO ($50)
      BTN ($49)

Dealt to Hero A:club: K:club:

fold, Hero raises to $1.75, CO calls $1.75, fold, fold, fold

FLOP ($4.25) 2:diamond: Q:heart: A:diamond:

Hero bets $3, CO calls $3

TURN ($10.25) 2:diamond: Q:heart: A:diamond: 3:heart:

Hero bets $7, CO raises to $18, Hero raises to $45.25 (AI), CO calls $27.25 (AI)

RIVER ($100) 2:diamond: Q:heart: A:diamond: 3:heart: J:club:

villain is a bad reg. 19/13/4 wts 33, 682hs. I have following read: "call A9s oop, chk/R cb T96T (mid pr+bd fd+o/c), ch/c turn (bd paired); donkbet 2/3pz w rivered fh"; from which I see villain capable of raising flop with non-nuts.

Is this enought to decide to go broke on turn in current hand? If so, are we better off calling and then check/calling any river? Problem is two flush draws...

thx
  • 3 replies
    • falcone1983
      falcone1983
      Bronze
      He's unlikely to raise this turn with complete air; either he has AQ/22, or he has a draw. Maybe also some Ax.

As long as he has some draws in his range, shoving turn is better than call, call any river (no need to let him realize his equity for free).

Question remains if you should fold. Your read isn't super relevant, but it's still a point in favour of not folding IMO.

I think you played it fine.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      If he is calling with A9s oop then he can also call ip with A2s/AQ/A3s/22733 although a lot of times he is very likely 3-bet with AQ
      His turn raise looks quite strong and but you have reads he can make there plays I guess shove is fine. but I think he is very often doing that for value rather than semibluff and hand that he is raising turn has very likely quite a lof of equity, like KhJh since I don´t think he expects to barrel that board too light so whatever hands he is raising he is mostly calling the shove
    • N0pr3s3n7
      N0pr3s3n7
      Coach
      Coach
      Too bad he raises so small.I'd give him great credit here.I think most of his hands if he raises for semibluff would be more -at least 3x times your bet.
      Also there are plenty of JhTh,AhXh etc etc which he can play like this but he is 100% raising all his strong range because the board is super drawy and it's very likely you are barreling any flushdraw or combo draw.But with this that he raises small i'd fold if he raised bigger i think i'd get it in.(No big sense here for bet sizing but if you think a little bit... :P )