Questions about rakeback

• PuharT

I have 10k academy points in FTPA. I want to get some stuff from academy store, but i'm little canfused. Is it true that if i order something from the store, I'll never get rakeback again.

Example ...

If i order something for 10k points, it will cost me $2000, so i need to accumulate $2k in rakeback before it is possible to retrieve rakeback again ? ( i use the formula in the table to calculate it ) So if im wrong, please explain to me how it works !

Best regards
  • 3 replies
    • Yoshimitsu77
      i think academy points dont effect rakeback but wait for a more reliable answer than mine
    • thazar
      your formula is a bit off :D

If you order something from the store you should get a rakeback hit however for 10K ponts it will be more something like: 10k *0.005 = $50 MGR

so your rakeback hit will be $13.5 ($50 *27%)

although I am not exactly sure of the ratio with accademy points to MGR hit
    • EagleStar88
      Academy points should be the same value as ftp points, so you actually get a hit of $0.005 per Academy credit.

Therefore the calc should be something like:

10k Academy credits

= $50 deducted from your Net Earned Rake balance

= $13.50 less potential rakeback (net cost to you).

Occasionally items (generally tournament tickets where you're purchasing the buyin and fee) are not deductible against rakeback. The majority of purchases are however so if you assume it will be deducted, anything that isn't is a bonus ;)

For more example calcs etc, check out the following sticky thread:

Hope this helps, best regards,