This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] AK again

• Utahmar
      Utahmar
      Bronze
      Full Tilt Poker, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 9 Players
      LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

BB: $20.05
      UTG: $49.50
      UTG+1: $46.65
      UTG+2: $86.50
      MP1: $59.05
      Hero (MP2): $10
      CO: $36
      BTN: $45.30
      SB: $23.55

Pre-Flop: A:diamond: K:heart: dealt to Hero (MP2)
      3 folds, [color:red]MP1 raises to $1.75[/color], [color:red]Hero raises to $10 and is All-In[/color], 3 folds, [color:red]BB raises to $18.25[/color], MP1 folds

Flop: ($22) 7:diamond: 6:heart: 2:heart: (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Turn: ($22) Q:club: (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

River: ($22) 4:club: (2 Players - 1 is All-In)
  • 11 replies
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      See no reason to push here... raise 5$ pre-flop
    • Utahmar
      Utahmar
      Bronze
      On any reraise after 5, i would go allin, with 5 left on any flop i would go allin. So i went allin .... For better hands than mine 5 reraise is same as 10 allin, and after the 5 reraise a better hand might reraise, i call anyway.
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      i think the basic strategy says something else but i think it´s correct here to push right away... as you said: you will get all in either way
      many (good) sss players in the german board even push against a 3bb raise with a "full" stack (20bb)
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think that normal re-raise is better. Against very tight full stack it is fold to me.
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      he has to be veerrryyy tight to make a AK fold correct here ^^
      and i´m still sure that a all in preflop is the better play.

what do you do if you don´t hit the flop ? check/fold like in the other hands ? :P
      you still have foldequity against some lower pockets and the only hand you have a really bad equity against is AA
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Without straight, or backdoor flush draws I would check behind on the flop or if he pushes then fold. Just don´t understand why I have to risk 10$ to win 2,5$. If he calls my normal re-raise with Ax or Kx, then I mostly double up. If he has JJ+ he would push pre-flop and still it is easy call. I don´t push, because I think that I can still save 5,50$ if I don´t hit anything on the flop or turn. I probably play too conservetive with SSS:)
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      the problem is that you will get bluffed out of a big pot if you don´t hit your A or K by worse A e.g... it looks to passive to me.
      the advatages of a push are that you don´t have to make any difficult post flop decissions if you don´t hit. most likely you are comited either way so...

if you get your money in preflop your are
      - a huge underdog to AA
      - something like 7:3 underdog to KK
      - "big" favourite against any Ax and Kx (which can´t bluff you out anymore !)
      - ~50/50 against other pockets than KK or AA + you have much fold equity against pockets up to 99 or something (!)
    • Utahmar
      Utahmar
      Bronze
      I push also, because the flop usually go like this many time :

1 player call my reaise / reraise preflop. Flop rags ( like at AJ hand ), check front of me, heads up , i cbet, than check raise, i fold.
      Kinda annoying after the 10th time. Happens on many tables, against many players, same scenario.

On the flop i can choose cbet allin, or check behind, or get check raised.

Sometime i get a fold on a flop bet, but that's very rare.
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      Utahmar, If your opp. calls your re-raise on pre-flop, than you are all-in anyway. Since your stack will be twice smaller than pot, your conti bet is all-in.

I totally agree with frzl that pushing pre-flop is powerfull play, but I prefer pushing when there are potential deadmoney (limpers) in the pot.
      Playing against random opponent push here seems to be the right play. However, with statistics I might play it differently, but it very depends.
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      Problem here is, that when we push preflop, we only get called by better hands here like QQ+. With a normal re-raise we might get called by AJ+, 88+, where we even have fold equity with a push on any flop.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      If he calls our normal re-raise then he is pot committed (that should also make us pot committed:P ) 90% of the time. He would fold 99 on AKQ board. So thinking about it pushing is probably the best move for fold equity. He shouldn´t call with 88-TT because it is -EV and he would be coinflip against AK. I think good plyers would fold even JJ, because it is too often dominated.

I should play my premium hands more aggressively and hopefully there are good enough fishes who call my AK pushes with AQ:P