UTG: $49.50
      UTG+1: $46.65
      UTG+2: $86.50
      MP1: $59.05
      Hero (MP2): $10
      CO: $36
      BTN: $45.30
      SB: $23.55

Pre-Flop: A:diamond: K:heart: dealt to Hero (MP2)
      3 folds, [color:red]MP1 raises to $1.75[/color], [color:red]Hero raises to $10 and is All-In[/color], 3 folds, [color:red]BB raises to $18.25[/color], MP1 folds

Flop: ($22) 7:diamond: 6:heart: 2:heart: (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Turn: ($22) Q:club: (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

River: ($22) 4:club: (2 Players - 1 is All-In)
  • 11 replies
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      See no reason to push here... raise 5$ pre-flop
    • Utahmar
      Utahmar
      Bronze
      On any reraise after 5, i would go allin, with 5 left on any flop i would go allin. So i went allin .... For better hands than mine 5 reraise is same as 10 allin, and after the 5 reraise a better hand might reraise, i call anyway.
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      i think the basic strategy says something else but i think it´s correct here to push right away... as you said: you will get all in either way
      many (good) sss players in the german board even push against a 3bb raise with a "full" stack (20bb)
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think that normal re-raise is better. Against very tight full stack it is fold to me.
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      he has to be veerrryyy tight to make a AK fold correct here ^^
      and i´m still sure that a all in preflop is the better play.

what do you do if you don´t hit the flop ? check/fold like in the other hands ? :P
      you still have foldequity against some lower pockets and the only hand you have a really bad equity against is AA
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Without straight, or backdoor flush draws I would check behind on the flop or if he pushes then fold. Just don´t understand why I have to risk 10$ to win 2,5$. If he calls my normal re-raise with Ax or Kx, then I mostly double up. If he has JJ+ he would push pre-flop and still it is easy call. I don´t push, because I think that I can still save 5,50$ if I don´t hit anything on the flop or turn. I probably play too conservetive with SSS:)
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      the problem is that you will get bluffed out of a big pot if you don´t hit your A or K by worse A e.g... it looks to passive to me.
      the advatages of a push are that you don´t have to make any difficult post flop decissions if you don´t hit. most likely you are comited either way so...

if you get your money in preflop your are
      - a huge underdog to AA
      - something like 7:3 underdog to KK
      - "big" favourite against any Ax and Kx (which can´t bluff you out anymore !)
      - ~50/50 against other pockets than KK or AA + you have much fold equity against pockets up to 99 or something (!)
    • Utahmar
      Utahmar
      Bronze
      I push also, because the flop usually go like this many time :

1 player call my reaise / reraise preflop. Flop rags ( like at AJ hand ), check front of me, heads up , i cbet, than check raise, i fold.
      Kinda annoying after the 10th time. Happens on many tables, against many players, same scenario.

On the flop i can choose cbet allin, or check behind, or get check raised.

Sometime i get a fold on a flop bet, but that's very rare.
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      Utahmar, If your opp. calls your re-raise on pre-flop, than you are all-in anyway. Since your stack will be twice smaller than pot, your conti bet is all-in.

I totally agree with frzl that pushing pre-flop is powerfull play, but I prefer pushing when there are potential deadmoney (limpers) in the pot.
      Playing against random opponent push here seems to be the right play. However, with statistics I might play it differently, but it very depends.
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      Problem here is, that when we push preflop, we only get called by better hands here like QQ+. With a normal re-raise we might get called by AJ+, 88+, where we even have fold equity with a push on any flop.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      If he calls our normal re-raise then he is pot committed (that should also make us pot committed:P ) 90% of the time. He would fold 99 on AKQ board. So thinking about it pushing is probably the best move for fold equity. He shouldn´t call with 88-TT because it is -EV and he would be coinflip against AK. I think good plyers would fold even JJ, because it is too often dominated.

I should play my premium hands more aggressively and hopefully there are good enough fishes who call my AK pushes with AQ:P