advanced charts bronze (against callers in front in the small blind)

• JinBlack
      JinBlack
      Bronze
      if i am in the small blind and i hold KQs and 3 players limp i should raise according to the chart "Actions against callers in front of you – Calling/Raising", but i should limp according to the chart "Calling from the small blind without any pre-flop raises".

Which chart to use here?

Or should i use both, first looking at the chart "Actions against callers in front of you – Calling/Raising" if i can raise and if not i look at the other chart if i can limp it?
  • 2 replies
    • datsmahname
      datsmahname
      Global
      against standard opponents KQs will have an equity edge in a 4-5 way pot. you have an easy raise for value with a hand that plays great multiway.

Just make sure to work on your flop & turn play a lot since playing with initiative from the SB is difficult against wide ranges. You'll need to be looking for thin value on the flop or strong spots to semibluff when the flop comes out (mostly against their range of AXs.

Depending on your stakes it may almost never be correct to bet the flop without an equity edge because you might never have the necessary fold equity 4-5 ways (not so surprising).

getting back to the main point, Definitely raise this preflop.
    • cjheigl
      cjheigl
      First look into the chart "calling/raising". If your hand isn't there look into "calling from the small blind". The call from the small blind chart has no upper limits for the hand apart from connectors. Hands like AA, AK or your hand are theoretically part of the chart, but should be raised.