This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] A 10o freeplay

• xJCzZ
      xJCzZ
      Bronze
      Do you think there was an option to make a raise pre flop and take a stab at the dead money, or is A 10 too wide.

Anyway as played perhaps check/fold because a few draws got there and I probably should have slowed down, Im not too sure about the river bet my thinking at the time was nobody would limp with a strong Ace so I had there kicker covered, then maybe they had 7-x , 3-x or a small pocket pair

Any help towards this situation would be great cheers.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP1 ($5.05)
      MP2 ($4.84)
      MP3 ($4.04)
      CO ($1.86)
      Button ($1.48)
      SB ($4.22)
      Hero (BB) ($6.19)
      UTG ($3.28)
      UTG+1 ($1.85)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, 10
      UTG calls $0.05, UTG+1 calls $0.05, 2 folds, MP3 calls $0.05, 2 folds, SB calls $0.03, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.25) 3, 7, A (5 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.25, 2 folds, MP3 calls $0.25, 1 fold

Turn: ($0.75) 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.65, MP3 calls $0.65

River: ($2.05) 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.75, MP3 calls $1.75

Total pot: $5.55 | Rake: $0.27

Results below:
      Hero had A, 10 (one pair, Aces).
      MP3 had 4, 5 (two pair, fives and fours).
      Outcome: MP3 won $5.28
  • 2 replies
    • funktor
      funktor
      Bronze
      Preflop:
      I would recommend raising preflop maybe 8-9BB. If re-raised I am folding here (monster possible and we are OOP).

As played:

Flop:
      Donking is viable option. With AT we are not happy stack off here and folding to raise here.

Turn:
      I like donking here again, but little smaller - 2/3 POT. To see where we are, folding to raise.

River:
      What do you expect that you can beat on this board after 2 calls. Str8 (2 and 6) and flush completed. We have only TP medium kicker. I am check folding here.

Regards

Funktor
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hand plays easier heads-up because you only have to fold out 1 opponent most of the time but also your equity is higher because you dominate A9-A2, JT,QT,KT etc.

As played I would vBet Flop & Turn by default. River is for me a check/evaluate but as you see this board is getting quite ugly, I dont see worser hands vBet the river so you can either check/fold or make some kind of blockbet for Thiin value