FTP RUSH - NL400, NL200 fr, help me I am doooomed... !! :)

• Cornie4ever
      Cornie4ever
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey guys,

do you know that feeling when you are up and you feel like poker star? :D

This is my monthly result in October 2010.

And then the things turn wrong and you are completely hopeless? See my November 2010. Rigged obviously :f_confused:

It shows how important it is to be dealt good hands. I mean good "hands" (like KK vs QQ preflop, higher set on flop etc.) not cards (AA winning blinds preflop :D ) and also that the good hands need to hold until showdown.

I start to feel that players on NL400 and NL200 RUSH are somewhat good, there is not so many fish. And if you run bad, you are just commited to lose money. I was up 20k this year, now I am up 13k. But I found out what a real downswing is.

Will my downswing continue? Or can I recover during rush week starting 29 November? Hopefully there may be some worse players joining NL200 rush action and I can have higher edge then and things may turn better again... :s_cool:

• 19 replies
    • i5bet72o
      i5bet72o
      Bronze
      20BI swings r kinda standard in rush arent they? Anyways, maybe u should get a coach or something if u feel that u dont have much of an edge on the field. And ya, rush week will probally soften the field.
    • Cornie4ever
      Cornie4ever
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      most of this is NL200, so it is more 30bi swing... And it´s 5,000$ below EV in 20k hands which makes you feel crippled.

Well, I noticed you also play FR rush, how are you running?

• randomdonk
      randomdonk
      Bronze
      if u feel like a star for winning 22 bi in a month u have a long way to go
    • Joenaes
      Joenaes
      Black
      Im doomed as well :(
    • Cornie4ever
      Cornie4ever
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by randomdonk
      if u feel like a star for winning 22 bi in a month u have a long way to go
      no doubt about that..

that´s exactly why I am posting the graphs to get some feedback what other players think about these swings..

What is your results on rush and swings? btw what BRM rules do you use for rush?
    • Cornie4ever
      Cornie4ever
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by Joenaes
      Im doomed as well :(
      sorry to hear.. :( please post your graph with EV curve, I´m quite interested how far these swings can go..

btw I will add you on skype, might be interested in coaching
    • Joenaes
      Joenaes
      Black

You still want coaching? :D
    • Cornie4ever
      Cornie4ever
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by Joenaes

You still want coaching? :D
      sure, let´s discuss how down we feel and use your charge-out rate on it :D ;)
    • i5bet72o
      i5bet72o
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Cornie4ever
      most of this is NL200, so it is more 30bi swing... And it´s 5,000$ below EV in 20k hands which makes you feel crippled.

Well, I noticed you also play FR rush, how are you running?

nah i quit FR rush (couldnt handle the varience). Its quite brutual and tilting.
    • Hajler
      Hajler
      Bronze
      I also played rush exclusively at one point but had to quit after a while. When you are winning everything is great and you can rake in buy-in after buy-in, but you can lose just as fast and I found I tilted way way more than I ever did on normal tables.

I would recommend you stop thinking about how much you lost or how far below EV you ran and just try to play your best. Also you should read The Poker Mindset if you haven't already, or read it again even if you have. Remember that downswings don't actually exist. I know everyone says it but a good mindset is just as important as your poker ability.

If it makes you feel better I am on a 20BI "downswing" myself, playing just normal FR tables. :f_cool: I hope you have better luck in December.
    • Cornie4ever
      Cornie4ever
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by Hajler
      I also played rush exclusively at one point but had to quit after a while. When you are winning everything is great and you can rake in buy-in after buy-in, but you can lose just as fast and I found I tilted way way more than I ever did on normal tables.

I would recommend you stop thinking about how much you lost or how far below EV you ran and just try to play your best. Also you should read The Poker Mindset if you haven't already, or read it again even if you have. Remember that downswings don't actually exist. I know everyone says it but a good mindset is just as important as your poker ability.

If it makes you feel better I am on a 20BI "downswing" myself, playing just normal FR tables. :f_cool: I hope you have better luck in December.
      Hi Hajler, thanks a lot for these nice sentences. I think that rush is more tilting just because it is more intensive - so it looks like bad beat after bad beat and there is less time to breath it out in the meantime :f_biggrin:

I would recommend you stop thinking about how much you lost or how far below EV you ran and just try to play your best.
      Yep, I know this. Never play for result, just focus on the play. But it is quite hard to have it in mind all the time. Definitely the Poker Mindset is something I would like to read soon, as I have definitely work to do on myself being a better manager of myself with better mindset. Is that available online or do some of you have it in PDF?

btw - I noticed that I can easily keep good mindset on NL100, as I take it more easy - the swing there is not so big money and does not represent such a big hit to my bankroll. So definitely it may be better to play more overroled so that player takes it more level headed with less tilt. And also players on NL100 are extremely bad so even if you run bad, the loss is not that bad while you own them during majority of hands. I will keep playing NL100 for a while to recover mentally and boost my bankroll a bit.

All in all the downswing is good to go through, it gave me a good lesson how to think in a long-run :) Definitely need to read Poker Mindset as well, thx for tip.

Thank you and good luck in December as well, hope you start some hot run before Christmas ;) We both deserve it after November of punishment :-)

• Cornie4ever
      Cornie4ever
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Actually, it does :D It always relieves the stress if you see that somebody else is in a shit as well.. Somehow helps to relax, though, I don´t wish you that of course :f_cool:

Pls post your graph with EV. We like graphs
    • peche025
      peche025
      Bronze
      I ran 12 buy in's over ev at the start of this month @ NL50, it didn't last lol. Is it not just part of the fun of poker?! Also I think that rush can be less tilting as the hand is over and gone so quickly, you don't have as much time to dwell on it. I just started NL100 rush so, see you at the tables. Add me on skype if you want to sweat, analise hands etc.
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      im on a 500 buyin downswing last couple of years, it really sucks
    • Snodreliss
      Snodreliss
      Silver
      Originally posted by ihufa
      hahaha :f_biggrin:

I'm also doomswitched at rush, It's like sometimes it's impossible to loose then next day or week, or month it's impossible to win...
    • Cornie4ever
      Cornie4ever
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      can we see the graph to verify if you are not kidding? :D
    • Cornie4ever
      Cornie4ever
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by Snodreliss
      hahaha :f_biggrin:

I'm also doomswitched at rush, It's like sometimes it's impossible to loose then next day or week, or month it's impossible to win...
      May be we don´t have a sufficient edge. I have like 3bb/100 even after this downswing. Had to go down to NL100 currently, it´s real fun, try it :D
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Well i never played rush but isn't 20k hands like 2 days of playing considering you play like 2k hands an hour or something like that?
    • Cornie4ever
      Cornie4ever
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by MatejM47
      Well i never played rush but isn't 20k hands like 2 days of playing considering you play like 2k hands an hour or something like that?
      4tabling rush is around 1k hands/hr approximately

btw I love NL100 :f_cool: People going broke so badly, instead of 2 folds, I got 2 calls on this board

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.5/$1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      MP3:
      $107.05
      CO (Hero):
      $104.50
      BU:
      $27.50
      SB:
      $126.10
      BB:
      $47.50
      UTG1:
      $67.70
      UTG2:
      $100.00
      MP1:
      $80.00
      MP2:
      $101.30

Preflop: Hero is CO with 8, 8.
      UTG1 raises to $3.00, 3 folds, MP3 calls $3.00, Hero calls $3.00, 3 folds, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($10.5) 2, 8, J (3 players)
      UTG1 bets $10.50, MP3 calls $10.50, Hero raises to $28.00, UTG1 calls $17.50, MP3 raises to $104.05, Hero calls $73.50(All-In), UTG1 calls $36.70(All-In).

Turn: ($280.75) 4 (3 players)

River: ($280.75) 9 (3 players)

Final Pot: $280.75.
      Results follow:

UTG1 shows a pair of jacks(A J).
      MP3 shows a pair of queens(Q Q).
      Hero shows three of a kind, eights(8 8).

Hero wins with three of a kind, eights(8 8).