UTG+1 ($61.75)
      CO ($18.05)
      BTN ($55.50)

Dealt to Hero A:club: A:spade:

Hero raises to $1.75, UTG+1 calls $1.75, CO calls $1.75, fold, fold, fold

FLOP ($6) T:diamond: 6:club: K:diamond:

Hero bets $4, UTG+1 calls $4, CO calls $4

TURN ($18) T:diamond: 6:club: K:diamond: 4:spade:

Hero bets $12, UTG+1 calls $12, CO raises to $12.30 (AI), Hero calls $0.30, UTG+1 calls $0.30

RIVER ($54.90) T:diamond: 6:club: K:diamond: 4:spade: 3:heart:

Hero checks, UTG+1 bets $43.70 (AI), Hero calls $43.70

Mp 23/17/2 wts 16, 179 hs; CO unknown fish.
      Whats our river play?
      Shove, check to induce, or bet 1/2 pt and call?

no reads on MP.
  • 6 replies
    • falcone1983
      falcone1983
      Bronze
      UTG+1 seems rather weak/tight (at least not a station w/ 16 WTS).

Checking to induce a bluff into a dry sidepot isn't a good idea (UTG+1 has to beat CO too to make his "bluff" profitable, so shoving busted diamonds would be stupid on his part).

He's not valueshoving worse either, so if you check it's to check/fold.

If you shove yourself, I kinda doubt he'll call with KQ, so I think you should check/fold.
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      I agree about MP not bluffing. Real issue is whether he is calling a shove with AK in this spot. If he is, we can comfortable bet.

If he isnt, but may bet it, I prefer the check.

I think flop is not without draws and so I expect villain to raise sets on turn at latest.
    • falcone1983
      falcone1983
      Bronze
      I kinda discounted AK because I expect him to 3bet it preflop.

If you think he has it in his range, I'm almost positive he'll never fold it on the river, but I doubt he'll bet it if checked to.

So in that case shove > check/call.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      If I would check I would likely c/f, since I don´t see AK that often in his range that he is shoving for value nd don´t really see him shoving missed draws.
      Kx might call you down, but very likely fold if you shove
      So i think I´d bet river 18$ and call shove
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Yeah, overall I think I agree: B/c was better. Other than AK, I dont see what worse hands he can call though. Thats why i checked. When he shoved I was close to folding but in the end called since I figured AK would play this way.

I did put AK in his range as Im raising pre and he never can be that happy 3b/calling Ak pre vs my broke range, so calling is how Id play it too.

Turned out it was AK. Not sure about his shove on the river. Depends whether I could call KQ here. I doubt it.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tim64
      Yeah, overall I think I agree: B/c was better. Other than AK, I dont see what worse hands he can call though. Thats why i checked. When he shoved I was close to folding but in the end called since I figured AK would play this way.

I did put AK in his range as Im raising pre and he never can be that happy 3b/calling Ak pre vs my broke range, so calling is how Id play it too.

Turned out it was AK. Not sure about his shove on the river. Depends whether I could call KQ here. I doubt it.
      yeah, hit shove is quite bad, since very likely you would not fold AA+ and won´t call KQ-, so with AK I would just take my free showdown