Stack
      BB:
      $1.13
      UTG2:
      $5.52
      Hero:
      $3.76

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A:club: , J:diamond:
      UTG2 calls $0.02, MP1 folds, Hero raises to $0.10, 4 folds, BB calls $0.08, UTG2 calls $0.08.

Flop: ($0.31) K:heart: , K:club: , 7:spade: (3 players)
      BB bets $0.06, 2 folds.

Final Pot: $0.37

Had this happen to me quite a few times in my last session, people donking the flop.

In this particular hand is this just a K wanting me to call down 3 streets of small bets so he can get some value from his trips?

And in general, when it is quite likely I will conti bet and villain then donks the flop what does this mean? Wouldn't many hands rather check/raise me?

Thanks
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Jeffers16,

In this particular hand is this just a K wanting me to call down 3 streets of small bets so he can get some value from his trips?
      His small bet could indicate to that but it's not that often, he could try you to make a raise against him but he could also be donking with small PP which he limped preflop.

And in general, when it is quite likely I will conti bet and villain then donks the flop what does this mean? Wouldn't many hands rather check/raise me?
      Explained in last answer what it does mean, Kx usually would Check/Raise in such situations, that's true. But more often I expect him to have some kind of smaller PP here which he tries to defend.

Since it's multiway pot I wouldn't really raise there and just give it up, since even if he hit our A or J we never know if we even are ahead.

Best regards.