Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $2.02
      Hero:
      $3.92

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A:diamond: , K:club:
      MP1 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, 4 folds, BB calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.17) A:club: , 4:spade: , 2:spade: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.12, Hero raises to $0.28, BB calls $0.16.

Turn: ($0.73) 7:club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($0.73) 3:heart: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.7, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $1.43

I wasn't sure what to make of his donk bet? I thought it was either a really strong hand like a set or a draw trying to see the turn a bit cheaper than if I was to conti bet?

I raised it anyway to get value from worse Aces, SD's, FD's and some pocket pairs I think would call. And if he was to go all in I could fold.

Turn: Should I bet again? After he called the flop I was a bit worried about a set/straight. I checked behind to try and keep the pot small and with the intention to call a smallish bet on the river.

River: Pot sized bet so I really wasn't sure. I think he had me beat with a set.

How did I play it? anything I should do differently?

Thanks
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Jeffers16,

Turn: Yeah, I'd definitely Bet here for protection from any kind of draw and get value from weaker Aces.

As played
      River: As you Checked behind and shown a lot of weakness he could easily bet here with just Ax type of hand, I would likely Call here even if he bets so big. But if we would have Bet the turn then we could easily consider even folding if he donks that big in.

Best regards.