This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] Sh50 Aq

• mgrudzie
      mgrudzie
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      SB ($60.90)
      BB ($79.65)
      UTG ($53.50)
      Hero ($50)
      BTN ($143)

Dealt to Hero A:spade: Q:diamond:

fold, Hero raises to $1.75, fold, SB raises to $5.50, fold, Hero calls $3.75

FLOP ($11.50) A:diamond: J:diamond: 5:heart:

SB bets $7, Hero calls $7

TURN ($25.50) A:diamond: J:diamond: 5:heart: 9:club:

SB bets $17, Hero calls $17

RIVER ($59.50) A:diamond: J:diamond: 5:heart: 9:club: 3:heart:

SB bets $31.40 (AI), Hero calls $20.50 (AI)

SB was 20/14 over small sample. i knew hi is from pokerstrastegy so probably good.

I was thingink about folding turn, because of his sizing, also not many worse A in his range. But he may be barreling some combination of FD, GS, pair and commiting himself.

what about river :diamond: - should i still call getting 4:1?
  • 5 replies
    • falcone1983
      falcone1983
      Bronze
      You can't fold TPGK in a 3bet pot.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      yeah, once you call pf then I wouldn´t also fold postflop
      I would also shove turn, since he has there a lot of draws that he is barreling on the turn and you can´t be sure he is shoving river if he misses
    • mgrudzie
      mgrudzie
      Bronze
      so the range i'm putting him on is correct? what about my calling range ? is my AQ at the top of it ? I'm note sure about how he sees my hand
    • N0pr3s3n7
      N0pr3s3n7
      Bronze
      his 3bet % ?
      I see many Ax hands which are worse ( not 2 pair or not AK) check/calling the turn if the opponent isn't super aggressive although board till turn is super drawy but he has to do that for pot control.So he is betting AK/AJ/JJ/AA/99/A9 and in my view checking AQ/AT.So with betting he either has you beat or has a draw like QT/KT/KQ/mixed combodraws/flushdraws.So if he has high 3bet% i'd be more inclined to raise all in turn or let him bluff me but if he isn't agressive at all and doesn't have high 3bet % he has you beat there most of the time.Even if you catch him bluff this time I think most of the time he has you beat so not profitable at all.

Originally posted by falcone1983
      You can't fold TPGK in a 3bet pot.
      I generally agree with your opinions on hand analizing but I completely disagree with this.If you mean that if you CALL preflop then you can't fold I MIGHT try to find some agreement but generally for me it's player dependat.If he is aggressive and has at least 7% 3bet i'd agree with you most of the time although i'd be inclined to fold to 2nd barrel on rainbow boards some of the time,because i see decent people giving up after you call A high boards and check/calling turns with TT+JJ,So if he barrel it comes up only to either a total bluff or you are beat.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mgrudzie
      so the range i'm putting him on is correct? what about my calling range ? is my AQ at the top of it ? I'm note sure about how he sees my hand
      I think he is barreling with flushdraws, very likely he would c/c with KK/QQ/JK on the turn and fold c/f worse hands. AQ I likely one of the best hands that you can have. Most players would expect you to raise with two pair+ on the flop or turn, but I think very reasonable is also just call down with set or AJ
      Se yeah, he may try to bluff you out worse hand if you just call flop and turn