Dealt to Hero K:heart: J:diamond:

Hero raises to $0.16, fold, fold, SB calls $0.14, fold

FLOP ($0.36) J:spade: 4:diamond: K:diamond:

SB bets $0.20, Hero raises to $0.88, SB calls $0.68

TURN ($2.12) J:spade: 4:diamond: K:diamond: 3:heart:

SB checks, Hero bets $1.56, SB folds

Hero shows K:heart: J:diamond:

Hero wins $2.02

On flop the raise is too big I think. i should be probably 0.6$. But I think maybe I should just call, because he is not calling many worse hands when I raise on flop. He is not on flushdraw, he is not that agressive to bet with FD. He may call AK, KQ when I 3bet flop and that it I guess.

As played, turn is blank. I should bet 1/2 pot I think, then he may call AK, maybe KQ. Or I shoud check behind, then more chances he will bet or call the river with his AK, KQ hands.

Edit: and on the flop I don't want to get 4-bet because then I often be beat but still will have to call because he still may have just top pair and I am invesded much money. On the turn I also don't want to get raised.
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      Hello SPeedFANat1c,

Preflop: The question is either you playing profitable such hands from UTG positon? Ain't saying it's not possible to play them profitable but it could put you into difficult situation. I'd even consider folding such a hand from UTG unless the opponents after me are very tight.

As played
      Flop: I would recommend most of the cases to raise here since here are so many draws what would kill your action on turn. Raise size is fine, I would think raising it ~$0.70.
      Turn: Bet for value and also protection.

Best regards.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      Yeah, maybe I should raise less with that hand from this position. I just see - oh this is good hand, the opponents are bad, it is in maximal table chart, so I can raise it, I try to outplay them post flop :)