This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl4 Sh Ak

• SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.04(BB) Replayer
      SB ($1.69)
      Hero ($4.97)
      UTG ($4.22)
      UTG+1 ($5)
      CO ($4.66)
      BTN ($8.84)

Dealt to Hero K:club: A:diamond:

fold, fold, CO raises to $0.12, fold, SB calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.52, CO calls $0.40, fold

FLOP ($1.16) 9:spade: 8:diamond: 7:heart:

Hero bets $0.56, CO raises to $1.90, Hero folds

CO wins $2.18

He is 36/28/5 over 25 hands.

I have to bet flop because if I don't, he will bet with AK,AQ hands and I will have to fold. So I win at least against those hands by betting. Hands that he is not folding is QQ-99, (with KK and AA probably he would not call preflop).

So there is 24 compbinations of QQ-99 hands and 32 combinations of AK,AQ. So I win 42% of the time by betting. I inverst ~0.5 to win ~1.6 so it is profitable. Ok, sometimes he may reraise me on flop with AK, if he reraise me all the time with AK, I still have 28% equity.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello SPeedFANat1c,

The question is either we have any fold equity at all against such a Call, how wide does he Call 3bets, does he have usually PPs in his range and etc, against some tigher opponent who doesn't Call that often 3bets I expect to have PPs very often in his range and sometimes I even skip the CBet and just Check/Fold. As you decided to CBet there then I would likely make it a bit bigger ~$0.70.

Best regards.