FLOP ($3.75) 5:club: 8:club: 3:diamond:

BB checks, Hero bets $2.75, BB calls $2.75

TURN ($9.25) 5:club: 8:club: 3:diamond: 6:club:

BB checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($9.25) 5:club: 8:club: 3:diamond: 6:club: 2:heart:

BB bets $9.25, Hero calls $9.25

villain is a regular: 24/15/2, 222 hands
      can we get called by worse on the turn?

Are we better off bet/fold turn $7 and check fold River instead of check behind turn and check/call pot on River?

Does villain play this way with 99/TT/JJ?
  • 4 replies
    • N0pr3s3n7
      N0pr3s3n7
      Coach
      Coach
      His river bet size tells me that he either have a bluff that has no showdown value or very strong hand like set/flush/straight.Since you checked turn i'd also call but only if he is a bit aggressive.if he is passive it's snap fold.
      On turn it's definitely bet/fold since many hands there have pair+gutshot/OESD or pure flushdraws and he is deffinitely calling them down most of the time,so a bet like 5.5-6 $ would be perfect for me.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Tim64,

can we get called by worse on the turn?
      Of course, there are so many PPs which could still call us, some kind of Ax type of flushdraw and etc.

Are we better off bet/fold turn $7 and check fold River instead of check behind turn and check/call pot on River?
      We want to see free showdown and also we are protecting from a lot of hands.

I don't think villain would play them like that, unless he tries to bluff us out, since he is not betting for value with such hands.

As played
      Without any reads on him being a aggressive player I wouldn't Call the potsize bet on river. But true, we induced him to bluff with our Check on turn but still I don't really expect that often players to do such bluff and that often to make it profitable Call.

Best regards.
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      good advice, guys -- thanks. Bet/fold turn looks much better.
      Just to confirm, if we bet the turn and get called, do you just check/fold the river 100%

Here he had AcJc for nut flush
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tim64
      good advice, guys -- thanks. Bet/fold turn looks much better.
      Just to confirm, if we bet the turn and get called, do you just check/fold the river 100%

Here he had AcJc for nut flush
      never say 100% times at poker :D . I would mostly take yes free showdown, but if he is betting river himself then I make my decision considering his bet size, timing and gut feeling. Some players would c7c turn again and then bet out river with missed draws, so I think you can´t c/f river always there