[NL2-NL10] how would you play this hand?

• daisuke3823
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Fulltilt Rushpoker

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      UTG1 (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is UTG1 with K, K.
      Hero raises to $0.20, UTG2 folds, MP1 calls $0.20, 3 folds, BU calls $0.20, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.67) A, K, J (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.40, MP1 folds, BU calls $0.40.

Turn: ($1.47) Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.80, BU raises to $1.70, Hero calls $0.90.

River: ($4.87) 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $2.61, Hero calls $2.61.

Final Pot: $10.09.

river call was bad?
  • 3 replies
    • fryandspicy
      BU can call your flop bet with any two pair, set, and any ace he called preflop. (lets say AK - AT). He could also call with hands like KQ, KT because of the gutshot. When the queen hits and he reraises you he has either a set, two pair or a straight most of the time. The river changes nothing, but i believe alot of opponents on NL5 will bet alot of their 2 pairs after you check the river there.

Beatable combos:
      AK, AQ, AJ, KQ, KJ, QJ, QQ, JJ
      But maybe they would check behind the 2 pairs that don't hold an ace.

Unbeatable combos:
      AA, AT, KT, QT
      I don't think JT is very likely. Nor is TT imho.

Because you're getting around to 2.8-1 odds and you only need to be ahead 26% of the time for the call to be profitable i think it's worth a call as they'll be betting two pairs or weaker sets often enough.
    • veriz
      Hello daisuke3823,

Turn: Any stats or reads on the villain? Has he shown such aggression earlier? Bet/Call on turn is reasonable but sometimes you could also consider just Check/Call since we don't really want to get raised too big that would put ourself into hard decision and make a bad Call. We have still a lot of outs what would give us FH on river.

River: You can likely fold since he will often have a straight there unless you have some good reads on stats on him that he could even do such play with 2pairs.

Best regards.
    • daisuke3823
      thank you for your lot of helps! :D