[NL2-NL10] QQ preflop decision, many callers in pot

• member001
      Known players:

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.85 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q:spade: , Q:diamond:
      UTG1 calls $0.02, UTG2 raises to $0.06, MP1 calls $0.06, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0.06, CO folds, BU calls $0.06, SB folds, Hero raises to $0.30, 2 folds, MP1 calls $0.24, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0.81) A:heart: , 9:spade: , 6:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.3, MP1 raises to $1.98 (All-In), Hero folds, MP1 gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

Final Pot: $1.41

Main question here is about my preflop raise. I raised automatically because I felt that's what I am obliged to do with QQ, without really thinking about the situation. But when I thought about the strange action with so many cold callers (unfortunately I did not do the thinking until after the hand!) maybe it would have been better just to call preflop?

- when I raise QQ here with at least 4 players active in the pot, it may be that I am just isolating myself against something like AK that I'm flipping with, because at least one of those players who called must have a decent hand and my raise will just chase out the others.
      - but if I just call, I am paying $0.06 to get into a multiway pot of at least $0.30 which looks like a set miner's dream. The current pot odds alone are not far off what I need, and the implied odds are huge if I hit because several other players think they have some kind of a hand.

Do you agree in this situation with many callers before me that it would have been better also for me to call, or should I always play standard with QQ and raise it up here?

Second question: was my flop donk a waste of money (very few JJ-KK that I can get to fold, and many AK/AQ that I am burning money against)? Should I just check/fold the flop here?

• 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello member001,

Preflop: Since there are so many limps and you are OOP you can easily raise ~$0.40 or even more since they are so loose. And I don't really agree to just Call here since QQ is way too strong for set mining and giving other better odds and then making mistakes with our OP on flop, just raise it bigger.
      Flop: Since we were preflop aggressor then I don't mind the CBet there but I would likely put a bigger on, ~$0.45 and fold to a shove, he can still fold a lot weaker hands with what he Called preflop, since his range is pretty wide, we gave him brilliant odds for a Call.

Best regards.