Stack
      Hero:
      $2
      CO:
      $0.97
      BU:
      $1.93

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:spade: , K:club:
      5 folds, CO raises to $0.08, BU raises to $0.24, SB folds, Hero raises to $0.62, CO folds, BU raises to $1.93 (All-In), Hero calls $1.31.

Flop: ($3.95) Q:spade: , 6:heart: , 3:heart:
      Turn: ($3.95) J:club:
      River: ($3.95) 4:heart: (2 players)

Final Pot: $3.95

Results follow (highlight to see):
      BU shows a pair of nines (9s 9d)
      Hero shows (As Kc)

BU wins with a pair of nines (9s 9d)

Is it ok to 4bet here? And then when he shoves what should I do?

I really don't ever want to go all in preflop with AK, I just don't think its every profitable as I never see anyone with a full stack go all in preflop without AA, KK, QQ (and this is quite rare).

Should I then just not 4bet as I kind of feel I'm commiting myself if I do.

Thanks
  • 1 reply
    • funktor
      funktor
      Bronze
      Hi Jeffers16!

By having AK yourself, you are actually reducing probability that villiain has AA or KK.

BU stats seems to be pretty loose and 4-bet, call to shove here is not bad play. We will win pot sometimes by 4-betting immediatelly.

Giving him bit loose range for his shove AQs, AK, TT+ we have 43% equity. We need to call 1.31 to win $3.95 and for that we need 33% equity.
      If his shove range would be tight (QQ+, AK) we still have 39% equity here.

On the other hand I would consider flat here preflop and hope that Co will stay in hand as well. Byt that BU will have to play a little bit more honest game.

BU may raise many worse Aces (that would fold to shove) and when we hit he may be happy to stack of here, CO as well.

Funktor

P.S.: I am sure that at NL2 you can see a lot of people go all-in preflop with a lot of strange things not only QQ+, AK.