Down swing in Rush?

• samlar
      samlar
      Bronze
      I just saw a few threads where quite a few people are getting down swings in rush. I recently started playing Rush.

I have played very well in terms of building up my stack but then I come across 80/20's where it is an all-in confrontation and I am on the 80 side, during the last week I have won about 1 of them and lost over 10... this is no exaggeration. I keep getting flushed by bad players... losing out on pocket aces pre flop etc. I keep saying to myself this luck can't continue but it has been over a week and my bankroll is looking like crap now...

my question is... is it worth playing rush? it seems like this is very common...
  • 11 replies
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      It doesn't matter if it's rush or regular game, 80/20 is still 80/20, shit happens, life is not fair, poker isn't either, deal with it.
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      is it worth playing rush (for you)?

probably not
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ihufa
      is it worth playing (for you)?

probably not
      FYP FAP
    • NeilSimpson
      NeilSimpson
      Bronze
      the exact same thing has happened to me this week...playing nl50 rush. between that and sh ring games. guys calling 3 bets with 67o pre flop and flopping a straight when i have AA etc, ive flopped 2nd set a cuple of times against top set, kk has run into AA 3 times and lost each time..flopped top set against an overpair and got hit runner runner straight on the board for a split pot..generally anything that culd go wrong is going wrong! the last time i deposited i built my BR well for a cuple of weeks...was about $1500 up and then this sort of thing happened...which wiped out most of it and i ended up withdrawing before it all went...this time again after 2 weeks i was $1000 up...just grinding along nicely and then BOOM! exact same thing...the arse falls out and itsrat getting hammered by complete fish re tards! i dunno what else to do except keep playing and just hope it turns around....definatly there has been spots where i culd have saved myself some money through playing not great but on the whole, just insane bad luck!
    • wohoo007
      wohoo007
      Bronze
      I think we need to put win and lose limit for the Rush. How do you think?
    • Heffron89
      Heffron89
      Bronze
      I can give u 1 good advice..... If u stop caring about things u cant do anything about u will do aloot better in poker.
    • Saren113
      Saren113
      Bronze
      As you play more hands / H, the swings will be greater in rush, if you can't deal with the swings then you shouldn't prob rush tbh.
    • i5bet72o
      i5bet72o
      Bronze
      downswings r probally a bit bigger in rush. I am probally more experienced than any of u at rush and i have had -12 buyin days a few times so just suck it up and keep playing.
    • minoepoe
      minoepoe
      Bronze
      I switched to rush a while back, total of 60k hands in it now. Very swingy unfortunately. Here's my performance per session so far:

+1 BI
      +1 BI
      -1 BI
      +3 BI
      +3 BI
      +2 BI
      +4 BI
      +1 BI
      -5 BI
      +2 BI
      -1 BI
      -7 BI

So I'm on a 8BI downswing right now. I thought it was pretty terrible but I'm reading stories of people running far worse. I analyzed my play and the stacks that I lost, and the only thing I can detect is bad luck. There's some questionable moves but never for a full stack. My #1 losing hands in $ are QQ, 88, 99, AA, AKs, KK, the very hands you should always be up with. Pretty much every stack I lose is set over set or a suckout on the turn or river. It just happens. I lost 3 stacks in a single hand in a 3-way allin. I had AA, they had 77 and TT. Flop turn and river is 892TJ. Nothing you can do. As said above, suck it up and keep going.

But I'm with you. The frustration when the river card pops cannot be explained in words. The smile on your face when they shove their stack into you with top pair when you have a full house. The despair and fury in your eyes when they river a bigger full house. The broken keyboards when they flush your straight and the holes you punch in the wall when the board counterfeits your hand.
      The one thing that prevents me from caring is that it's rush poker. Spend too much time crying and you'll time out on the next hand.
    • marlonmlk
      marlonmlk
      Bronze
      Rush is swingy? Nahhhh

Just check this out lol: This is from NL5 RUSH.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      MP3:
      $4.10
      CO (Hero):
      $2.11
      BU:
      $6.20
      SB:
      $4.55
      BB:
      $2.48
      UTG1:
      $5.56
      UTG2:
      $1.85
      MP1:
      $10.54
      MP2:
      $10.11

Preflop: Hero is CO with A, A.
      3 folds, MP2 calls $0.05, MP3 calls $0.05, Hero raises to $0.30, 3 folds, MP2 raises to $0.55, MP3 folds, Hero raises to $1.20, MP2 raises to $1.90, Hero raises to $2.41, MP2 calls $0.26.

Flop: ($4.34) 8, 6, K (2 players)

Turn: ($4.34) 7 (2 players)

River: ($4.34) 9 (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.34.

Results follow:

Hero shows a pair of aces(Ah Ad).
      MP2 shows a flush, ace high(As Ac).

MP2 wins with a flush, ace high(As Ac).

This is the kind of stuff you can expect playing RUSH poker.
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      we need more ihufas