50BB+ downswing playing FR

• wilm
      wilm
      Bronze
      Id never knew i would someday post a thread over here but here it go's.

I have been playing at FullTiltPoker for the last few months resulting in a nice 50BB downswing atm. I have had the sickest badbeast and reviewed alot off hands in Pokertracker and they all seemed played ok by me but the opponent just sucked out alot.

Now the thing is that i just keep losing and im starting to doubt if im actually still a winning player? Maybe i cant win from the people at fulltilt? Maybe u guys can tell me something abouth my stats althought its a small sample size. Are these kinda downswings normal on fullring tables?

Now my adventure at Pokerstars. The tables were pretty sweet wenn i first deposited my $50. After abouth 2,5 weeks i quickly builded my bankroll up to $110 using the old SHC. Soon after that i dropped down to $70 again. Ive switched back to the new SHC inmediatly but it didnt help because im now down to $25. So ive gone from $110 down to $25 within a month. How is this possible? Could it be a real downswing?

I know alot of u guys know me for sometime now and should see me as a pretty decent player right? Ive read alot off books and i spend alot off time improving my poker skills. But this last month just nothing works out. Im getting pretty fed up with this shit and often i want to quit this whole thing. Im REALLY starting to doubt myself atm could someone plz explain to me that these downswings are normal?

• 9 replies
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi wilm!

Don't worry! These swings are normal. Just take a break for a few days and calm down a bit. I'm sure it helps a lot. I know that you are able to beat the limits you are playing at. Just make sure that these beats don't affect your game.

Good luck at the tables (when you are back)
      Puschkin81
    • Classical
      Classical
      Bronze
      You mean to say you've never gone 50BB down before?
    • wilm
      wilm
      Bronze
      I sure did. But not playing Fullring...i always had a nice winrate at fullring and never went down 50bb before.

I know that with SH its a whole other story =)
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      Wilm, dude, I'm sure you are a good player. Doubt will kill you.

Full Tilt. I'm playing NL25 there, having transferred my PP money across. They are the loosest players I have yet encountered. My AF preflop is less than 1, and my winrate is over 7BB/100. They play any rubbish, way too far, and with NL, I just wait for them to throw themselves on my sword. They eventually do. If I take them on too aggressively, the variance kills me, because fools get lucky often enough to hurt.

So I think you are probably suffering at the hands of a downswing, because the FL players there keep calling their beaten hands, and are getting lucky.
    • mchaggis
      mchaggis
      Bronze
      I was 1000bb down (1000 not 100) last week (NL) and I'm almost back so I wouldn't really be bothered.
    • Trbst
      Trbst
      Bronze
      For what my opinion is worth here's what I think...but let's accept it as a brain storming speech and not like a critic coz I'm not that good myself.

Frist I think you're playing way too high limits - with a $50 deposit you should be playing NL10 from what the BRM on PS teaches us. I does make sense too - helps you save on busts.

If you wanna play SSS on NL25 that means you should have at least $150 in your account. Anything else is NL10.

Next thing I noticed is that your Preflop AF% is too low. It seems like you get involved in / call too many hands, which results in your opponents hitting strong draws, various sets, flushes or whatever the hell it is that sucks you dry.

I believe your Preflop AF% should be a lot higher because you should be playing few hands, and when you do, you should raise them of course. Not that I'm trying to teach you basics but maybe that's the point - or I'm missing it.

I hope others can elaborate on that after looking at the statistics.

Regards,
      T.
    • chuongdk
      chuongdk
      Bronze
      50BB is just 1 buy-in BSS, I don't think it is a downswing,
      a downsing is much more
    • ShadowOfLight1337
      ShadowOfLight1337
      Bronze
      Question...

By any chance, do you play Fixed limit? Because 50BB in NL 10 would translate in about 5$, and 12,5$ in NL25 so it's kinda hard to see how you're on a 50BB downswing. Do you mean Buy ins (BI)?
    • p0kerQT
      p0kerQT
      Bronze
      what a Bump!