This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL4 QQ against tight

• SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.04(BB) Replayer
      SB ($1.71)
      BB ($1.19)
      UTG ($3.99)
      UTG+1 ($1.04)
      Hero ($4)
      BTN ($2.01)

Dealt to Hero Q:heart: Q:club:

UTG raises to $0.16, fold, Hero calls $0.16, fold, fold, BB calls $0.12

FLOP ($0.54) 2:diamond: A:spade: T:heart:

BB checks, UTG bets $0.28, Hero folds, BB folds

UTG wins $0.49

UTG 19/10/6 over 69 hands

No need to raise this preflop, he will fold worse hands. I have position so I can call.

On flop some of them may have ace so I fold. Especialy player from UTG may have ace.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello SPeedFANat1c,

Is there any specific reason for you not raising that guy? I would often consider raising there but against some tight opponents I wouldn't mind such play.

Best regards.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      If I 3bet him, he 4bets and I will have to push. When he 4-bets it means his range can be AA-QQ,AK so it is coinflip. Of couse he may include bluffs in his 4bet range then when I push I will take down pot preflop. But I don't thinbk he would bluff 4-bet very often.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c
      If I 3bet him, he 4bets and I will have to push. When he 4-bets it means his range can be AA-QQ,AK so it is coinflip. Of couse he may include bluffs in his 4bet range then when I push I will take down pot preflop. But I don't thinbk he would bluff 4-bet very often.
      But when he doesn't 4bet you? And is also so passive as you then you can easily play profitable against him, either he fold or just Call. I am also Calling sometimes with QQ against such nitty opponents but doesn't mean I am always doing that. And also even if he decides to 4bet then doesn't mean we have to go broke always, when we have a good read on him that he mostly does that only with KK+ and something similar, then we can fold.